XXXVII

Two Years ago, in the year 852

Kyra stood in her uniform with the other group of Scouts. They stood looking at the Anti-Marleyan Volunteers.

"Eren, I haven't seen you since you lifted our ship a whole year ago. I'm honored to work with you." Yelena said holding a hand out.

Levi stepped in front of Eren as he held his hand out, "No, you won't be working together. You're lucky enough to see his face."

"Plenty enough for me. Today will be a joyous day." Yelena said walking forward holding her arms out.

"The port is complete and we're welcoming our first outside visitor. From Paradis Island's sole friendly nation, Hizuru--Special Envoy, Kiyomi Azumabito." Yelena informed as the group turned watching the boat sail in.

Kyra looked boredly at the sky watching the birds fly.

...

"Do you recognize this family crest?" Kiyomi asked holding up a flag with three swords arranged in a triangle.

Kyra blinked boredly at it. "That's why the name sounded familiar. Azumabito Clan, huh?" Kyra muttered causing them to glance at her.

"Yes, that's correct. Taking in your distinct physical appearance. White hair and red eyes, you must be of the Drosera Clan. I thought the Drosera Clan was opposed of the Walls. We had tried contacting your clan, but we never received any response back. Will you please tell the head of your clan to contact us?" Kiyomi said with a placid smile.

Kyra gritted her teeth before calming down, "Of course, I'll be sure to tell him. My father's head seems to be hanging on high stakes lately. Must be the weather. You know how weary bones get over years. I can bring you to him if you'd like. They haven't had visitors in years." Kyra said giving an equally placid smile with closed eyes causing her comrades to look at her in shock at her statement.

They stared at her speechless. The smile on her face was more than chilling. They preferred the bored and stoic face Kyra usually wore.

A warning was held behind that fake smile and surely enough if her eyes stayed open they would see the dark and piercing glare.

But it made them aware that she knows how to deal with these types of people and though she can't necessarily act out she sure as hell can kill them at their own little facade.

"I don't think there will be time for that today, apologies, Lady Drosera. Please tell them we send our best regards." Kiyomi said.

"Oh, that's a shame. Well, they'll be hanging around if you change your mind." Kyra said fakely, ignoring the nudge she received from Levi.

She watched as Kiyomi showed the symbol down the line for everyone to see.

"Are you not going to tell them?" Historia whispered out.

"No. I believe the saying, "ignorance is bliss" falls into this category. Their ignorance, my bliss. Though I was hoping to see the looks on their faces, had they agreed." Kyra whispered out quietly.

"So you don't want me to tell them?" Historia asked in a whisper.

"No. And make sure everyone here, knows that. I'm not in the mood to strike up a diplomacy at the moment. Just one look and I know the type of people they are. And can't say I care to associate myself with them. Plus, the clan's super busy. You know how it is." Kyra whispered out.