XXXI

Kyra arrived back in a stable, tending to her horse like the others. Kyra hasn't even said a word to Eren after the incident and he couldn't blame her.

He had once again taken his frustrations out on her, when all she was doing was following orders and doing what she saw was right. He was in the wrong. The bruising, broken bone, and discoloration was painfully obvious against her pale skin.

Eren glanced over at her before frowning. The others knew something was wrong. Something had happened between the two. Even Armin noticed the way Eren would just glance at Kyra before frowning as a look of guilt took over his features.

Kyra rarely spoke, but even so. The side glances Eren gave were enough to know that something was amist. It caused for apprehension and tension to linger in the air between the two.

Captain Levi even apologized to the girl for putting her in the situation he had earlier. He had admitted that he was partially to blame for her overdoing it as much as she did.

Kyra appreciated his sincere and honest apology, but she told him not to worry about it. It wasn't his fault. She knew she was past her limit and chose to proceed despite that. She knew the consequences and he wasn't to blame. She would have done it either way and she would do it again if needed.

"Eren. Amends." Hange reminded in a nagging tone causing Eren to sigh.

"I know. It's just..." Eren said quietly with a frown and a heavy sigh as he clenched his fist.

"Man up, Eren. You attacked and hurt her. Accept the blame and apologize." Captain Levi said sternly by his horse as Hange nodded in agreement.

Eren took a deep breath before walking to Kyra.

"Kyra?" Eren said putting his hand on her shoulder causing Kyra to turn around and sock him right in the nose.

His back collided with a pillar as he grunted feeling his nose pushed into his face. He ignored the blood as he grunted.

The others watched silently as Eren fell to the ground sliding against the pillar. Mikasa made no move to come to Eren's rescue which suprised them. But she knew that he deserved this.

Kyra glanced down as her eyes glared at him dully. "Instincts." Kyra said stoically.

Eren wiped the blood from his nose, "Yeah? Since when?" He groaned out.

Kyra raised an eyebrow, "Hm, I wonder." She said sarcastically.

Eren's eyes widened in realization before he grunted standing up.

"I'm sorry, Kyra. It was wrong for me to attack you like that. I shouldn't have attacked you. I wasn't thinking straight and my emotions got the best of me. I always seem to take my frustrations out on you and there's no excuse for that or will there ever be for hurting you. I'm sorry, Ky." Eren said sincerely.

Kyra stared at him for a moment as everyone waited to see how she would respond.

She glanced at his nose before nodding. "Well seeing that your nose is broken and pushed into your face...You're probably having difficulty breathing with all that blood. So I say we call it even." Kyra said causing Eren to grin. The group stared slightly stunned thinking she would beat the shit out of him.

"Yeah, that sounds fair." Eren said.

Kyra nodded before turning back to her horse as sighs of relief left their comrades. "Do it again and I'll slice all your limbs off for a week straight. No mercy." Kyra warned darkly causing Eren's eyes to widen before shuddering.

He chuckled nervously, "R-Right-- understood."

...

Kyra looked up boredly at a stone ceiling. She stood up glancing out to the side of the bars. This was her punishment for disobeying Captain Levi's orders. It was considered insubordination and as for Mikasa and Eren...Well they were in there for the mutiny they had.