XXII

"You should understand. This is Kenny the Ripper. If he's there, he'll be our biggest obstacle. In terms of his threat level, it's like you'll be fighting me. Or wait. With those weapons of his, he'll be stronger." Captain Levi informed.

"Then he's unbeatable, at least for us." Sasha commented.

"If we could meet up with the troops--" Connie started to bring up.

"No chance in hell." Mikasa said sternly

"Right. 'Course not." Connie said.

"If we wait for reinforcements, Eren
might end up getting eaten!" Connie agreed.

"Though, if what the captain said is true, it's not like he has no weak points." Armin mentioned.

"You really think so?" Jean questioned.

"Yeah, I'm sure he's trained plenty, but having combat experience is something else." Armin mentioned.

"There is one weak point that all his team share." Kyra brought up making everyone turn to her.

"Their gear. While the Anti-Personnel ODM gear poses a great threat it also has a few weaknesses we can use to our advantage. Their line of fire and anchor trajectory are both faced in the same direction. In other words, the area directly behind them is completely out of their reach. But the greatest weakness is they can only fire two bullets at a time. Once they've fired off those two shots it takes time to reload." Kyra informed.

'What, really?" Jean asked glancing to Kyra

Kyra nodded.

"Plus, their range of strike is limited with guns compared to blades. They have to be extremely precise with their aim because of that. A bullet can only move in one direction while blades have free range and mobility allowing for us to strike in all directions and angles. So, with all that in mind, they likely won't fire unless they have a visual on us." Kyra added causing Armin to gasp.

"That could work! If we limit their vision through a smoke screen we would have an advantage." Armin theorized causing Kyra to nod her head.

"But even so, Kenny still poses a threat." Kyra reminded.

"I wonder, how is it that you lived with Kenny the Ripper but know almost nothing about him, Levi?" Hange brought up.

"Not much. I only just learned the man's last name. Dunno if you heard, but it's Ackerman. Might be a relative of yours." Captain Levi said glancing at Mikasa.

"I heard from my parents when they were alive that my dad's side, the Ackermans, were persecuted in the cities. My mom's family was Oriental, so being a different race meant they didn't fit in anywhere. Both were people chased deep in the mountains near the edge of the walls, so that's how they met and married. But I never found out why the Ackermans were persecuted. My dad didn't seem like a different race like my mom was." Mikasa said.

"Tell me this: Have you ever suddenly felt like a "power" awaken inside you?" Captain Levi questioned causing Mikasa to think back before gasping.

"I have." She replied.

"This has happened for Kenny Ackerman, as well. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he felt an absurd amount of strength surging through him. And in that moment, he knew just what he needed to do. And it's happened to me, too. Makes me wonder." Captain Levi informed.

Kyra glanced up at the large full moon before glancing ahead dully seeing the chapel ahead of them.

...