XLIV

"Levi?"

...

Kyra sat watching the flowers that blossomed from the gardener's nuture. His efforts and hard work were fully rewarded with the beauty of each bud that sprouted to a dainty flower.

"Your Majesty." Kyra greeted as the seat next to her was taken.

"Please, how many times have I told you to stop with that?" Historia said flustered before her lips formed a pout.

"I know. I just find it entertaining to mess with you." Kyra said indifferently with a shrug.

Historia's pout became more prominent as she glared at Kyra. Kyra remained unfazed by the pointed look from the queen.

Small fists hit her shoulder as Kyra raised an eyebrow listening to Historia's rant. "You're such a jerk! I have been stuck pent up in there and all I hear is, "Your Grace", "Your Majesty", or "Queen Historia". The last thing I want to hear from your mouth is that, Kyra! We are talking as friends, just old comrades catching up, Kyra and Historia...Just Historia." Historia finished slightly panting out of breath.

Kyra's eyebrow raised higher as her eyes flickered with amusement, "Are you finished with your little episode, Historia? Or should I have brought my bed with me, just in case this lasts all night?" Kyra said teasingly.

Historia's eyes widened slightly before she pulled her fist away and back into her lap. Small giggles erupted from the girl as she smiled, "Sorry, I just get--" Historia stopped as Kyra lightly flicked her forehead.

"There you go again with the apologizing. You want to be viewed as who you truly are as a person and not as some high powered stature, I understand Historia. As long as it's just the two of us you will be just... Historia, no formal titles of your royal standing...just Historia." Kyra reassured as Historia rubbed her forehead before beaming at Kyra with a bright smile.

Kyra glanced back at the flowers before her eyes shifted to Historia, "Thank you, it's a beautiful resting place for my clan. You know you didn't have to do anything. You have nothing to make up for...I have told you time and time again that you are not to blame. I do not blame you for Rod Reiss' actions that happened in the past. You--"

"--I know that, Kyra. I didn't do it out of guilt or for amends...well not entirely. I did it, because I wanted to. I know it was hard on you and you deserve to finally have a peace of mind. I couldn't bear letting the dead, to continue to lay in the prison they were kept. It's true that, that portion of you life is still apart of you, but now you have no physical ties to that place...in laymen terms your free from that prison, as well. The Droseras deserve to be laid to rest and they deserve to be free from that dark hell. And with them at their final resting place you can visit them at your own discretion. I wanted to help in anyway I could, not as your queen, but as a friend, Ky." Historia explained quietly with a soft smile.

Kyra's eyes widened as she stared at Historia in shock over her words. Her eyes softened as she looked over at the petite blonde. Kyra exhaled quietly, closing her eyes before opening them, "Thank you, Historia. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to experience your generosity and kindness, firsthand. You are a gentle, humble, kind-hearted, and beautiful soul that shines far brighter than any crown you could ever wear. Thank you." Kyra said sincerly with a small smile.