LVIII

Kyra glanced at the sky absent-mindedly stroking Enzo's neck as they stopped temporarily to let the horses rest. The group sat around in the shade stretching out their stiff limbs. The five hour journey had proved to be strenous for both humans and horses.

Silence consumed the group as anticipation of the unknown took over their minds, only for a voice to speak out breaking the long deafening silence to the dismay of the stoic and reserved woman.

"Kyra...I know this isn't the right time to tell you, but seeing as we may not know what will happen in the future, it's better than never. So, you know I still have feelings for you, right?" Reiner said glancing over at Kyra who sat peacefully enjoying the breeze that gently swept past her. His statement caused her eyes to roll in annoyance.

As if he hadn't made it painfully obvious already, he just has to go and open that damn mouth of his. So much for peace and quiet.

The group stayed silent awaiting her response. This wasn't the first time that he had confessed this, knowing that their former comrade turned traitor had a soft spot for petite woman...Especially pertaining to the angelic; Queen Historia and the hellish spitfire; Kyra. The two both polar opposites in personality, but their soft, dainty feminine appearance were similar enough to consider them as twins to an extent.

It was clear that after years of separation the love-stricken man still held the same preference in woman he once had including the feelings he had toward a perturbed Kyra. The man looked at her silently awaiting her response, unaware of a tense and bitter glare that was sent towards the warrior with strong distaste.

"I'm already in a relationship. There will never be room for you on that list. Move on." Kyra said dully.

Gasps were heard as Hange and Connie spit out their ration of food.

"WHAT?! What the hell?!" Connie questioned in shock.

"Since when?!" Armin questioned with knitted eyebrows thinking he missed something all the years he thought he knew her.

"She's your friend. That's something you should know, is it not?" Annie questioned dully.

"Yeah? Why the hell are we just hearing about this now?!" Jean questioned trying to think back to a time, if there was ever a time, that she was over-friendly with anyone, only to fail to find any time that it happened besides a few instances within their group. But that could clearly be ruled out as Kyra being her sarcastic self.

"Who?!" Hange stammered out in exclamation trying not to get her hopes up.

Kyra hummed nodding as Reiner's mouth gaped open.

"W-Who?! What's their name?!" Reiner exclaimed with a shout.

"For the love of god. Give it a damn rest already, Braun." Magath sighed out pitying the white-haired woman.

Reiner ignored him as he continued to press the topic. "Name." He demanded.

Kyra rolled her eyes, "Yes. Actually I suppose it would be three, now that I think about it. And I love them dearly." Kyra said indifferently with a shrug.

"Names..?" Reiner asked the question they all had been thinking before he continued.

"And I swear to god if it's something lame like Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Then I call complete bullshit. Friendship is not the same as a relationship: No matter how long y'all been together." Reiner pressed further causing Kyra to roll her eyes at his statement.

"Me, myself, and I. Now stop shouting. You're still an annoying headache. I thought I wouldn't be dealing with you pestering me again but the persistent pain of your blabbering nonsense is proof that I thought wrong. How unlucky." Kyra said before walking away to gather more water for the horses as Enzo followed happily trotting behind her carrying a bucket in between his teeth.