LXVIII

This was everything I've ever wanted, but...

"You building a nest up there or what?" Jean questioned out, staring at the female who sat in a tree with her head turned up towards the sky.

"She always does this." Eren stated bluntly.

"What? Builds a nest?" Jean questioned out.

"No, I wasn't referring to that. No one impersonates an animal besides you, Horseface!" Eren retorted back, causing Jean to snap his head towards him.

"Eh, here they go again." Mikasa droned out.

"Care to run that by me again, you suicidal maniac?!" Jean exclaimed with an irritated shout.

"Gladly, since you're not impersonsting an animal, you're an animal impersonating a human. Doing a shitty job at it, too!" A smug smirk rested on Eren's face, fuelling the fire even further.

"Ugh, they're getting side-tracked again. And this is why we're never able to get anything done." Armin sighed out in exasperation.

"C'mon, Kyra!" Mikasa beckoned.

"Yeah, get down already, or Jean and Eren will start their measuring contest again!" Armin called out.

"Yeah, too late for that... hey, what do you think she's thinking about, Armin? I mean, she always has her head towards the sky. Even when we were kids." Mikasa questioned in curiosity, glancing at Kyra before turning her head to spot Jean and Eren fighting.

"I don't know, but she always has this look in her eyes resembling peace. It's refreshing to see, especially when she's with-" Armin said only to be cut off by a loud shout.

"Come on, Ky! The food's ready! Hey! Hold on, Sasha!" Connie shouted out before seeing a brunette woman quickly running past him with excitement.

"Get back here! Don't you dare even think about eating without me-I-I mean us!" He shouted, chasing after her as she laughed.

Scarlet eyes glanced down at the group as her lips twitched with amusement before she felt a nudge to her arm.

"Are you really just going to continue to space out like that?" She glanced over, spotting the man next to her with an eyebrow raised.

His grey eyes held a bit of amusement as he looked at her.

"No."

"No? So, then Jean's right about you making a nest?" The man teased, causing Kyra to raise an eyebrow.

"Tch. Does it look like it?" Kyra retorted snarkily.

"No, but you're not far off. You already made a perch." The man continued causing Kyra's lips to twitch in a small smile of amusement as a giggle left her lips, lightly punching his arm.

"You asshole...I was just taking a break and thinking." Kyra explained as a chuckle left his lips.

"That so? Well, then, no more breaks for you. Don't want you flying away from me with the rest of the flock." Levi teased, causing Kyra to giggle, shaking her head.

"That would be tragic. Poor you would be stuck listening to Hange ramble and making sure Jean and Eren don't kill each other." Kyra commented playfully, causing Levi to huff in amusement.

"I've had to do it before, so I can do it again... But it feels better knowing I'm not the only one experiencing the torture." Levi commented snarkily, causing more laughter to be elicited from the white-haired female.