XLIII

Kyra sat on a roof, leaning back on her hands as she looked up at the large moon that shined brilliantly on the quant city. Her red eyes stared dully up at the sky as the gentle wind blew against her hair. Each strand of white hair prominent under the glow of the moon. She was an ethereal beauty complimented gracefully by the nature that surrounds her.

The warmth of her breath condensed into frost against the contrasting chilling temperature outside. The ground was covered with fresh snow as it glistened against the moonlight, paving a path of extra light to combat the darkness of the night.

The sound of multiple footsteps could be heard as they approached her. She turned her head feeling someone sit next to her.

"I knew you'd be up here." Eren commented sitting down next to her.

"When am I not?" Kyra retorted stoically.

"Kyra, how long have you been out here in the cold?" Mikasa asked sitting next to Eren.

Kyra glanced over at her before looking back up at the sky, shrugging, "Couldn't say, honestly."

Armin sat down on the other side of Kyra. "It seems no matter the weather, we always find you outside. I'm certain even if it was storming you would be outside." Armin said with a small smile.

"There could be a blizzard and Ky would still prefer to be outside rather than sitting around a cozy fire." Eren scoffed out with a grin.

Kyra glanced over at him, "It just feels natural to me...Like my body craves to be surrounded by grace of nature."

The three looked over at her as she spoke.

"Well, your bloodline has deep connections with nature. And you've spent almost two decades contained underground, so I'm sure your body has a stronger urge to reestablish that bond and make up for the lost time." Armin commented.

Kyra pressed her lips together firmly as she stared blankly at Armin, "You're making me sound like a damn fossil when you phrase it as two decades."

Eren and Mikasa laughed lightly as Armin rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, "Right, sorry Ky." Armin apologized bashfully.

Kyra huffed rolling her eyes before shaking her head with a sigh. "It's fine. I suppose I should consider it a blessing that I look this youthful for a twenty-five year old."

"Yeah, and your hair is already white so you don't have to worry about it when you get older." Eren added causing Kyra to glare at him.

Mikasa and Armin held back their laughter.

"You better not be implying that I look like an old hag just because my hair is white, Eren. You know I heard angels fall from heaven, but I can always make a snow angel fall from the roof." Kyra said stoically as Armin and Mikasa chuckled.

Eren's eyes widened realizing his poor phrasing as he waved his hands in front of him, "N-No, no, that's not what I meant at all. I just mean that when you grow older you will still be as pretty as you are now." Eren tried to explain.

His words caused Kyra to raise an eyebrow, but before she could speak Mikasa spoke. "Eren's right, Ky. You have this natural beauty to you, that becomes amplified by the nature surrounding you." Mikasa said softly with a small smile.

Kyra sighed shaking her head, "Thanks." Kyra said softly.

They all turned looking back at the sky, "Do you think we'll finally get to see the sea soon?" Armin questioned as his voice filled with hope.