XXVI

It was the night before the operation to take Wall Maria began. Kyra sat at a table as everyone looked down in shock seeing the meat. Kyra stared stoically at the rare sight of meat. This is going to backfire...big time.

"This may be a special night, but we don't need the public knowing our plans. So, behave like the disciplined soldiers you are." Harold announced as the room was silent.

"What? No way. Is that...? It is. It's meat!" Conny said in shock.

"Am I dreaming?" Sasha said holding her head in disbelief.

"All right. Here's to the retaking of Wall Maria. A toast." He said raising a mug only for chaos to ensue.

Kyra sighed heavily, "Yeah, definitely saw this coming." She stated as she watched people fight over meat.

Harold stopped looking on, "Huh? Wait!"

"Calm down! Everyone'll get some, okay?" A captain reassured.

Kyra watched in amusement as she watched Jean and Connie wrestle a chunk of meat from Sasha's mouth.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Potato Girl? No way are we gonna let you pull this shit!" Jean shouted out.

"Drop the meat, Sasha. Come on, I really don't wanna have to kill you." Connie said holding her in a headlock.

Jean grabbed the piece of meat from her mouth causing her to screech, "You can't eat the whole thing alone, you pig!" Jean yelled.

He moved the meat as she chewed on to his hand causing him to scream, "You're eating me! My hand! My hand!" Jean screamed.

"Sasha! That meat is Jean! We don't eat our friends, okay? Connie exclaimed.

Kyra stood up after Marlo got punched in the face by Sasha.

She calmly walked over to Sasha holding out a piece of meat to her.

She instantly got up charging to her. Kyra sidestepped as Sasha ran into a pillar. Kyra rolled her eyes. "Tie her up and leave her for now." Kyra instructed.

"Again, if you're going to act like a poorly trained house pet then you can eat outside." Kyra said dully throwing the piece of meat on her lap for when she wakes up.

Kyra sat back down, "There, that settles that. Now that our dog is leashed and fed we should be fine." Kyra said putting a piece of meat on her plate.

"That's one way to do it." Armin said with a laugh.

Mikasa smiled with a nod, pleased.

"Thanks, Kyra! We owe ya one." Connie said with a smile.

"Yeah, thanks! Thought I would lose my hand!" Jean exhaled in relief.

Kyra nodded, "I still don't get why people have house pets if this is what it's like." Kyra said dully.

"There that should do it." Eren said as he finished tying her up.

"Jeez. It's crazy to think that she once offered to share meat with everybody." Connie recalled.

"What? She did?" Eren asked.

"Yeah, four months ago, when we were servicing the cannons." Connie reminded.

Eren started to space out causing Connie to grab his shoulder, "Hey?"

"It's hard to believe that it's only been four months." Eren said.

"Yeah, it's kinda crazy. But think, that's all it took for us to make Levi's Squad. How's that for climbin' the ranks?" Connie said trying to brighten up the mood.