LV

The rain fell from the sky pelting against anything it touches in thick drops of water. The only sound that could be heard besides the clopping of horse hooves hitting earth was the torrential downpour.

A group stopped as a loud thunderous sound echoed nearby causing them to grow weary.

"Wh-what the--?"

"What was that?" A red haired male questioned.

"Thunder maybe?"

A brunette woman glanced in the direction knowing exactly what the sound was.

A Thunder Spear. But why?

"Let's head in that direction." The voice commanded noticing the direction Hange was looking.

The group moved closer to the sound as the neigh of a horse could be heard. They stopped coming across a scene of an explosion. Splintered wood scatted across the ground in charred bits, but the sight of something else caught more pressing attention.

There knelt a Titan as steam wafted out of it's abdomen. The group moved forward to get a closer look.

Hange glanced over to the side before her eyes widened. She quickly got off her horse walking to a slumped and bloody figure on the ground. She kneeled down in front of them with solemn eyes, unable to speak as she reached out towards them.

"Is that Captain Levi?" The redhead questioned looking down at the person in Hange's arms. In his hands he held a loaded gun.

"I don't know what happened, but we're lucky it did. The biggest threat we faced is lying in a bloody heap." The red haired man spoke with relief, pleased to see the sight.

"We should put a bullet in his head, just in case."

"There's no need. He was caught in a Thunder Spear explosion at point-blank range. It shredded his guts. Killed him instantly from what I can tell." Hange explained her voice slowly breaking.

"Then give him to me. I wanna check his pulse for myself, so hand him over." Hange remained still only for a voice to shout out.

"Floch! We found her! We found Kyra!" A man yelled out causing him to snap his head in the direction.

He squinted through the rain trying to spot the white haired woman only to stop as he spotted the trail of red that flowed in the river.

"Kyra..." He spoke out softly in shock seeing her frail and bleeding body nestled halfway on a rock. He watched as the man picked her up off the rock as she laid lifeless in his arms.

"Set her down." The redhead commanded causing the man to look over in confusion.

"Floch? Wh-What? Why?" The man questioned in apprehension.

"Just do it, damn it!" Floch ordered out causing the man to set her down in front of him.

Hange looked over in distress seeing the state of Kyra. She closed her eyes.

Damn it. Both of them are down. I was hoping that Kyra might have gotten away. Shit.

Flock grinded his teeth as he looked down at the woman in sadness. He closed his eyes before taking a shaky inhale.

He held a gun up aimed for her causing them all to gasp.

"Floch?! What the hell? This wasn't a part of the plan." A voice yelled out.

"It's not. But I can't do it, damn it! I love her. I've always loved her ever since I saw her as a cadet. I-I just don't want her living a life like this...So if it means killing her and saving her from what Zeke has planned for her. I-I will do it...I will set her free. She will be nothing more than an animal used for breeding! Locked away and forced into unspeakable pain! How would you like it if your daughter was forced into a life like that? That's no way to live! That's why she mustn't live!" Floch yelled out ready to aim only for Hange to grab the gun.