XXXIX

Kyra sighed glancing up at the stars. Damn it Hange, why did I have to be assigned to this task, as well. It's quiet, but I find that oddly eerie. The silence almost screams louder than an acoustic shell.

Everything's calm for now, but how long will that honestly last...well, that's another question. Something tells me that it's going to be sooner than later.

Looking back on it now, there are people completely devoted to the Marleyans and there are people completely devoted to the Eldians. And then there are the lot of people tangled in between. However, my concern pertains to the two people who seem to have devoted followers.

The two Jaeger brothers. Yelena worships Zeke like he is God and I know a group of the Scouts are wrapped around Eren's finger. That much is clear. How many did he actually involve is the question?

I can count a total of seven people. I know there is Floch and he hangs around Louise. They have their group, but how much farther does that olive branch reach?

Since they're in the military their connections spread pretty wide and vast. He could potentially be forming an army of his own. What is the purpose of that then? What is the meaning of all this, Eren? What exactly could you expect to gain?

Tch. We went from knowing nothing and being trapped within walls, to now being trapped on an island and still not knowing enough. For fuck sake.

This is a complete disgrace. It's pathetic, we went from rallying the people together, uniting them as one...only for this shit to happen. We've yet again become divided by beliefs...and no one is willing to see eye to eye. No one is willing to compromise worth shit.

This whole time we have been going off circumstantial words. Did they hold any significance of truth? Who the hell knows?

We had no choice, but to indulge in hearsay and act on it, because we didn't know any better. We didn't know how the world worked...hell we didn't even know there was a world...until we saw it with our own eyes.

Thinking back on it...was the truth honestly worth it? Would it have been better to stay complacent? Continue to live a sheltered life within walls, never knowing how much we were missing out on?

Remain blissfully ignorant to the real threats and hide from our true enemies...Meandering around the fact that it's currently Paradis against the World...thanks to the two fucking Jaeger brothers.

Shit. We've been played this whole time. They have been toying with us, right from the start, haven't they? There's shit they're not telling us and their ulterior motives are unknown.

We have no choice, but to move forward, but damn...if it's not one thing, it's another. How did things become so convoluted and twisted...so heavily ensnared that there is no clear line between the facts and fiction. Who's to say? Hell if I know what's right, anymore.

I feel like I'm cursed. I'm being forced to watch everyone around me slowly die and I can't do anything about it.

Day by day, I watch my comrades fall and still death dances around me in an intricate pattern. How many more people are going to die before I'm next? I swear I should've been next a long time ago and yet death ironically decides to tease and mock me. I've been made a fool by death way too many god damn times.