XV

Kyra sat in an underground passage boredly as she waited for Armin, Eren, and Mikasa to arrive with their guest.

...

Kyra leaned against a wall sitting on the ground as Captain Levi sat drinking tea and Eren sat not too far off.

She remained stoic as her eyes glanced at the fire lighting the room. The crackling of wood sparking into embers before drifting away only to cool. A quick and constant demonstration of igniting in an instant only to die off in seconds. It was fleeting, very fleeting. Happening in the blink of an eye with no one having time to take a second gander.

"What's the hold up? Erwin's never late. They should be here. At this rate the damn MPs'll show up first. That'd be our luck. Yeah, who can say? Maybe they're all takin' a shit. Duty calls, right?" Captain Levi said boredly.

Eren chuckled as he looked toward Captain Levi, "You're, uh, sure in a talkative mood today." He held a bit of nervousness whether it be from the intimidating man in front of him or for what they were waiting to discuss.

"So what if I am? Doesn't mean I was talkin' to you." Captain Levi said putting his cup down before wincing as he grabbed his leg.

"It's my fault, sir. I made the choice. If I'd have thought this through none of this--We wouldn't--" Eren said with guilt and remorse.

"You made a judgment call. Look, no one expects you to be clairvoyant." Captain Levi said before glancing toward the stoic girl who has been awfully quiet. She hasn't made a sarcastic response, a smart-ass retort, or insult in awhile.

Kyra turned feeling eyes on her and stared at him boredly.

Captain Levi stared at the girl before speaking, "Are you just going to sit on the ground in a dark corner the whole time, like a wounded animal, Kyra?"

Kyra blinked before sighing as she stood up walking towards the men sitting down in a chair.

She clicked her tongue rolling her eyes at his statement. "I think the word "caged" better suits the circumstances, sir." And once again the snarky retorts are quick to quip.

Captain Levi clicked his tongue rolling his eyes before examining the girl with scrutiny as if searching her for answers,

"Back there. You said something to the Female Titan to distract her. Whatever it was shocked her and let her guard down enough for us to free Eren. What did you say, Kyra?"

"That I knew her real identity, sir." The girl said stoically. As Eren gasped with wide eyes.

Captain Levi raised an eyebrow, "So you bluffed your way to buy us time, is that it? Or do you really know who she is?"

"Both, I suppose, sir. I know who she really is. When she was fighting Eren, her fighting techniques is what gave it away. The distinctive way she blocks, her defensive stance, and offensive swings." Kyra informed.

Captain Levi paused turning to the girl, "That's not a whole lotta evidence for you to just assume."

Kyra nodded, "Very true, sir. I typically don't like to assume things without physical proof, having been on the other end of accusations. So I put it to the test. I realized that the words in my claim to her would gather scrutiny. So to further prove it I spoke the first letter of her name, A, and before I could say her full name out loud she silenced me." Kyra explained.