IV

"Heads up! The main unit of the Scout Regiment is back!"

"That's right, Commander Erwin! Did ya give those ugly bastards a thrashing?"

"Look! It's Captain Levi! They say he's like
an entire brigade unto himself!"

The crowd had gathered to watch the Scout Regiment return from their recent excursion from outside the wall.

...

"Tch. Spare me, please." The man said stoically rolling his eyes as he sat on the horses back. He caught a glimpse of something from the corner of his eye.

He glanced up to see a girl with white hair and lifeless red eyes staring at the wall. She was adorned in uniform as she stood on a roof top. She glanced over before looking down. Her eyes shifted back and forth observing the crowd before they focused in on something or someone.

The man clicked his tongue before turning his attention forward.

...

Kyra stood on a roof staring dully at the wall before her eyes caught sight of a familiar tuff of blonde hair.

She pressed her lips firmly as she stared at the man walking closer to Eren.

"Hey hey, lookie here!" He exclaimed walking forward.

"Mr. Hannes!" Eren greeted as the man stood in front of the three.

"Word on the street's they let you graduate yesterday. Either you've grown up or standards have plummeted." He commented lightheartedly.

"Oh yeah, like you're one to talk! The Corps of Engineers keep their new chief in the drink?" Eren retorted back.

"Watch it." Hannes warned flicking his forehead. He glanced up spotting the white haired girl in uniform, standing on the roof.

"They even let you pass, too, Little Ky?! Man, standards have dropped to a lower height!" He joked with a laugh.

Kyra stared down at the man dully before jumping down from the roof. Her foot collided with the man sending him falling back.

"Kyra!" Armin shouted out in shock. He looked on nervously.

...

The shout of a name drew unwanted attention among the crowd as people turned to see what caused the shout.

The group watched in amusement at the girl, who knocked a grown man off his feet.

"You insufferable drunk. Leave my height out of your tasteless jokes." She said coldly. She closed her eyes before something came to mind.

She walked forward grabbing the man as she glared at him, "Hannes, I heard a funny report not too long ago. And since you're one who loves to joke, you might like this one. Apparently, someone from the Garrison Regiment during Shigansina reported that I slayed two Abnormals. Funny, right? Especially after, I explicitly expressed not to tell anyone. Care to explain?" She inquired.

The man rubbed his cheek before grabbing the girl by the back of her collar and lifting her. The girl just stayed motionless as she dangled from his hold.

"Damn kid. Cold as usual. Ever try layin' off on the ice." He pinched her cheek as he continued, "What was I supposed to do? A tiny little girl taking down two of 'em is unspeakable. It's never happened before. So when asked about the events that's the first thing that came to mind. I had to make a report and I couldn't lie. Besides you should be thanking me for the recognition." Hannes said as Kyra clenched her fist, huffing.

"Recognition, my ass!" She said as she slammed her fist into his face. The man groaned dropping Kyra, who landed on her feet.

"Damn it, Lil' Ky. You got one helluva swing, girl!" Hannes groaned out rubbing his cheek.