LII

"Kyra, I need you to listen to me." A familiar voice spoke.

"Eren? I'm dead aren't I? Aren't I supposed to be the one doing the haunting, not the other way around? Or maybe this is hell." Kyra commented sarcastically.

"Ky..." The voice called out again.

"Mhm, definitely hell. I'm stuck here listening to faceless voices. What's next, Reiner is going to attempt to hit on me, again? Dear god or devil, whoever...just don't let it be Reiner next. I'll take Hange's rambling. As long as it's not Sadies or Pyxis calling me Teeny or Reiner's awful flirting." Kyra rambled in exasperation.

An echo of laughter could be heard as they listened to the rambles of Kyra.

"You're not dead, Ky. If you were I wouldn't be able to talk to you. So there's that, take it as you will." The voice trailed off.

"Huh? You sure got a lot of nerve, Eren Jaeger! What's going on? How are we talking?"

"Hold on..." The voice of Eren spoke before the darkness slowly got lighter and the scenery around then came into focus.

Kyra glanced around to see herself on a familiar roof in Shiganshina.

"Better?" The voice spoke next to her causing her head to snap to the right. There sat a younger child version of Eren.

"If you think just because you're in your younger form it will make me think twice about shoving your damn ass of this roof, then think again." Kyra spat with a growl only for Eren to chuckle and raise his hands in surrender.

It was the first time in years that she had seen emotions from the man that wasn't in some way forced. It was natural and free of stress like when they were kids...well when he was a kid and when she thought she was.

"Not at all. So this is what you looked like as a child. To be honest it doesn't look too much different than when I saw you in Shiganshina." Eren commented causing Kyra to glare at the boy before pressing her hand against his back.

"And your body won't look too much different then Zeke's once I push you to the hard unforgiving ground." Kyra threatened.

"Okay, okay! Wait Ky please... First, just let me explain. I had Zeke use the gas weapon that held his spinal fluid on you--"

"Eren, this is not a great start for you on explaining things. You realize how incriminating that sounds, right?" Kyra droned out dryly as she stared at the boy incredulously.

"Uh...Yeah, I know...Please, just let me explain, Ky. It was the only way for me to speak with you privately. You're not a Subject of Ymir, so the only way was to get a part of Zeke's spinal fluid introduced in to your body. This is only temporary, but it will be enough. Kyra there are a lot of things I need to explain to you. First of all, you are a part of a race that is considered ideal. You have a strong bloodline and you have no ability to turn into a Titan. Hence, why the Droseras are considered the perfect race." Eren explained.

"Okay...but Marleyans can't turn either so why aren't they the perfect race?" Kyra questioned.

"That's because they lack what your bloodline has. In order for me to explain, let me tell you a bit about your clan's history. Long ago, before Titans first appeared 2,000 years ago from the present. The world had lived in relative peace for 5,000 years before then. The land flourished and prospered thanks to Druids who, held strong ties and bonds with nature. They were the first race of humans to exist in the world. In some aspects, I guess you can say they were the Gods and Goddesses of our world. But one day, 1,000 years before Titans appeared something happened to one Druid. His family had been killed in a forest fire caused by lightning. The devastation caused him to grow resentful of the earth and he grew mad at nature. He became spiteful and lashed out destroying half the land on the earth and over a third of the Druid race in retaliation of his family's passing...Some believe that was how the oceans became so vast and large." Eren informed causing Kyra to scoff rolling her eyes.