XXXIV

Kyra glanced at the tea plant growing by the window before watering it. It was the root that she had plucked three years ago. She had taken up a hobby of her mother's she remembered long ago. Her mother enjoyed making her own tea and Kyra had started to enjoy it as well.

The only person who loved tea more than her was Captain Levi. After discovering that she was growing tea and processing it, he strongly urged her to let him be a taste tester. He had grown to favorite her tea over the others that can be bought, and claimed that she could make a business out of it should she ever choose to.

But Kyra explained that when she was younger it felt like a delicacy she rarely had available. She wanted to share this delicacy with others who can't afford it. She would rather give it away so others can enjoy it like she had as a child. He understood the feeling having experienced a similar thing growing up, and admired her generosity. He even offered to help her by handing out cups of it, even in the underground. Kyra couldn't refuse his offer and even showed him how it was done.

She showed him how to make different kinds of tea from white, green, black, oolong, and herbal. Of course the two had come to an agreement that nothing beats a cup of black tea. There was just something about the extra step of fermenting it that gave it such a bold and unique taste.

Once a week he would stop everything and watch her process the tea even helping her. He would show his appreciation and gratitude by making her a cup of tea as she worked, and helped her water the plant when she was unable to.

To the others it was beyond strange to see the two normally stoic people bond over something as simple as tea. A few had seen it as something completely different, an obsession.

It was the year of 854. Kyra was 28 years old and while she may not be the youngest she has become the shortest. The effects of all those years in the underground had officially worn off. But her height remained a single digit, 5 feet.

Even Connie, who only was two inches taller than her a few years ago, had grown to almost tower over her. And Historia who used to be shorter than her had grown to be almost if not taller than Captain Levi.

She had internally pouted for a week, taking in the height difference only for them to laugh at her when they discovered why she was constantly glancing at them.

Hange had told her not to worry because the height she was at added to her adorable appearance, going as far as to call her a cute doll, to which Kyra had much to say to that.

And Captain Levi commented that with her around he didn't feel as short. To which she added that he was still the shortest male around and that started a heated debate between the two that lasted hours.

He then reassured her that being short has benefits and she should look at the positives. Being shorter allows for her to hide in small places, fast reflexes, and incredible flexibility.

Her hair grew slightly past her hips. She had a slender hour-glass figure and a curvature that was beyond appealing and enticing for the men to look at.

Soft facial features complimenting her white hair. Her full plump lips a light pink mixed with peach and eyes the color of garnet gems made her stick out from everyone around her. A total beauty with a fierce set of skills and a wickedly sharp tongue. She was the epitome of beautiful, but dangerous.

Once the truth was made known to the public, there have been vast amount of improvements made in agriculture, economical, and industrial.

New discoveries were made which led to new developments of machinery, weapons, and transportation.

It was amazing to see how much progress has been made in under five years. There wasn't a need for the Garrison anymore so many have opted to join the Scouts as recruits, such as Commander Lobov.