XXI

The group arrived at the house standing behind the wagon as Mr. Reeves rode it along the path. The wagon stopped causing one of the Interior MPs to look out.

"Are we there?" The man asked before stopping as a barrel of a gun pointed at his head before the butt of a gun was rammed against his head.

"Reeves, you piece of --" The other one said before being knocked unconscious like his pal.

"Sorry, gents. That's how it is." Mr. Reeves said.

The two unconscious men were carried in.

...

Kyra sat at a table with the rest of the cadets as they heard the screams of the man being tortured.

Kyra rested her head on her hand as she gazed at the cup of tea boredly.

"Here we go again." Jean said quietly.

"The screams sound a lot louder than when the captain did it." Sasha muttered.

"Even though I know it's to save our friends but... it makes me sick." Connie said in disgust.

"Let's face the facts. We're criminals now. Our last enemy wanted to eat us. We don't have an excuse like that for killing these people. It's just that their views are different. No, it's just that they're in another group. And for that, we'll take their lives." Armin said sadly.

"Armin." Mikasa said stepping towards his slumped figure.

"We're not good people. Not anymore, at least." Armin said.

Kyra sighed, "Not true."

Everyone turned to look at Kyra.

"It's true that in this point in time you may not be able to hold yourself to the standards you once held, previously. But...what if the reason for taking both Eren and Historia posed the risk of hurting thousands of innocent lives or to bring mankind to extinction. If that were to happen...I would gladly kill a couple dozen men to save a thousand. Our responsibility as soldiers is to protect people in general. Not just from Titans, but from all looming threats and that includes people." Kyra explained before sighing again.

"Look, my view of this world is far more different than all of yours and I get that. You all grew up thinking Titans were your enemies, as where I grew up seeing humans as my enemy. You are able to see in color while the color in mine have all but dulled. Bleeding together until it faded into nothing but monochrome. I'm not saying this to reassure you all that you're making the right choice, that your actions were justifiable beyond a reason of doubt, or tell you how to view yourselves. That's something you all have to consider on your own. But what I can offer you all is words of advice. Don't let words define you, don't let your actions define you. Stick to what you believe and what you desire. If it's to protect your comrades, friends, and family then fight for that. You can't always expect to achieve something without losing something else in return. Whether it be comrades along the way, sanity, sleep, or anything else. If what you truly desire is that important to you that you chose to take a stand and fight for it, you fight for it no matter the costs. That is all I have to say on this matter." Kyra said before standing up and walking upstairs to change her shirt leaving the table with speechless faces as they watched her walk away.

...

The group stood around as they explained the information they got out of the Interior MPs.