IX

"'Scuse me. I gotta pee." Eren said from inside a cell. Kyra rolled her eyes as her head dangled upside down over the bed.

"No, you just went." A guard yelled out.

"Then can I have some water?" Eren asked.

" Hey! You're not getting a thing, got it? Damn monster." The guard yelled out.

Kyra sighed again, "Can you get a life?" She questioned the guard.

He having thought she wanted something like Eren replied, "No, witch!"

She raised an eyebrow in amusement, "Yeah kinda figured." Kyra huffed out.

She then glanced at Eren, "No matter what you ask their reply is going to be no. Probably orders." She said quietly to the boy lost in thought. His eyes looked distant and glazed over with worry.

Footsteps echoed, getting closer. Kyra turned her head hearing footsteps. A woman pressed against the bars tightly with a serious face. "So then, you're Eren and Kyra?" She asked before she smiled with a blush on her cheeks.

"Are you well? How're things? I'm really sorry you've been waiting so long. But here's your chance to finally get out." She said.

Kyra just stayed quiet blinking at the woman.

Seriously? She's just staring at us like some exhibit, like we're a fun new toy. Ugh, damn that man. If he hadn't knocked me out. I wouldn't be in here. In a prison...

"Uh." Eren gave a sigh in relief.

She began to dig around in her pocket before pulling out two sets of cuffs. "One thing. You'll have to put these on for me, okay? And Kyra, it is essential that you do not escape them. We need your full cooperation." The woman spoke looking at her with seriousness.

Kyra sighed, "Fine." She muttered out holding out her wrists. Eren also put out his hands.

The cell door opened as she lead the two down a bright hallway. Kyra glanced at the new people now able to see them clearly.

"My name is Hange Zoë. I'm a section commander for the Scouts. This is a fellow commander in the Scouts, Miche Zacharius." Hange introduced. Kyra glanced at the man as he sniffed Eren.

"Uh..." Eren replied uncomfortably.

"Oh. Don't mind him. He makes a habit of giving new people a thorough sniff. Tends to laugh through his nose a bit. But I don't think he intends it to be derisive." Hange explained.

Kyra's eyes narrowed as the man stepped closer to her, "Derisive or not. Put your nose even remotely close to me and I'll make sure you're smelling your own shit for days." She threatened darkly.

He stepped back as laughter rang out from Hange, "Kyra, my dear, you're too funny!"

Kyra stared blankly at the woman who continued laughing, "You remind me of someone I know, your demeanor is uncanny, at times."

She clicked her tongue rolling her eyes, "Tch, annoying." Kyra muttered only causing her to laugh more. She composed herself wiping a tear.

"Quirks aside, he is a skilled section commander. Oh, poo! Sorry. I've just been prattling on with the small talk, and now we're here! Well, I'm sure it's fine. It's probably better if I don't explain, anyway." She said with a chipper as she stood in front of a door.

The two guards came up behind Eren and Kyra shoving them.

"Hey! Hold on!" Eren shouted.

"It might seem callous, but remember... we've all put our faith in you, Eren, Kyra. Best of luck!" Hange said before leaving.