XIV

Kyra went to get off her horse only for Mikasa to look at her. "No, you don't. Get back on the horse Kyra." Mikasa warned riding right next to her and grabbing her hood.

"Mika, I appreciate your concern, but it's fine. It's only a scratch, I can move around just fine." Kyra reassured only for Mikasa to grip her hood tighter.

"It's not just a scratch. Get back on the horse before I make you." Mikasa said glaring at her sternly.

Kyra was about to protest until a horse came up to her other side walking past them before stopping. Captain Levi turned his head glancing at Kyra.

His eyes narrowed into a glare at her. "And what did I just say earlier, Kyra? Let me tell you since you seem to have forgotten. You are not to move from that horse. Your back took a nasty hit and you need to limit your movements. That is unless you want to join Jaeger on the wagon." Captain Levi said sternly causing Kyra to look at him with narrowed eyes.

Kyra stayed there glaring at him as he glared back. Kyra huffed in agitation caving to his orders. The girl had a recoil of an attitude, trust issues, and lacked any respect for authority. Luckily, the man understood where she was coming from and knew just how to go about it to make her follow orders.

She had posed a major problem in the trust aspect, but he didn't have to worry as much, because she was quick to act and think before others, sharp instincts, and could make judgment calls on the whim. And to top it all off, she had a selfless mentality. Meaning she would put others before her in these situations unless she was ordered differently.

So while she may not trust people as a whole, she did trust their abilities to an extent, since they were in the Scouts for a reason and have survived this long. She didn't underestimate them like they had certainly have done with her.

Kyra grumbled under her breath as she moved back on the horse. "Whatever you say, mother."

Mikasa looked over at Kyra observing her as a question popped into her mind. She understood that she wasn't going to tell them about her back so she wouldn't bother asking about the scars.

Another question did arise though. How had she been able to take the Female Titan by surprise? How was she able to sneak up without being seen or heard? Mikasa glanced at her before speaking.

"Kyra, how were you able to sneak up on the Female Titan?" Mikasa asked.

Kyra turned glancing at Mikasa pressing her lips together in thought. "By using my surroundings to my advantage. I purposely didn't use my ODM and chose to free fall. She has keen hearing. I noticed with each reinforcement she didnt have a view on she was still able to strike them because she heard them. The sound would've been enough to give my position away if I had used the gear, so I opted not to use it. It's the same way, I conserve my gas. Back in Trost while everyone was almost empty, I still had plenty left. It's not because I sat back or used it sparingly. It's because I moved without it. I'm sure you've noticed but when all of you move using your ODM gear, I choose to run across the roof and jump to another. It goes without saying, that I don't recommend anyone to take up this method, because it is risky. And I'm not sure if they would react quick enough to catch themselves, if they missed a step. But there you have it. No special technique or power, just reckless and risky maneuvers. That's all." Kyra explained.

Mikasa glanced at her with wide eyes before she closed her eyes thinking back to Trost and then with the Female Titan. A memory appeared from five years ago of Kyra climbing on buildings and jumping from roof to roof.

No, it's not like anybody else can pull it off. The fact is that, she is the only one who can actually do that. No one else would even be able to make the jump. Many would fall short and many more wouldn't be able to react quick enough. There's also the fact that no one would willingly dive off a roof or tree from that height and trust themselves to act quickly.