XLI

The forest to the north was surrounded by a green haze that slightly lingered in the atmosphere. It gave an eerie feel to the once calm forest as it swept across the blades of grass, hauntingly. It crept forward slowly like an ominous warning.

The sound of loud footsteps thundered against the ground as they drew near the haze. The ground shook and trembled under the large weight with each momentuous step.

And there lurking in that ominous fog was a predator hungrily observing its prey, patiently waiting until it was time to pounce and strike.

...

Five Titans fled through the forest. In the hands of a shorter Titan rested Zeke as he fled from the camp.

The sounds of ODM gear was heard causing Zeke to turn his head to the side before looking forward to see Levi quickly approaching him with a dark glare.

"Go!" Zeke ordered a Titan.

The Titan followed his orders charging towards Levi. But the Titan's attempt was in vain as Levi spun around the large arm that tried to grab him.

He carved into the flesh of the Titan, engraving a path in its skin as he reached the back. He sliced at the nape killing the Titan, before taking to the treetops for cover.

A momentary silence instilled around them and that's when the lurking predator decided to reveal itself... and strike.

...

The sound of footsteps crunching against the ground came from the forest ahead of them etching closer to the four Titans and Zeke. The attention was now focused on the sound as a figure approached the edge of the scene through the fog.

"You're so fucking dead, Apeshit." The voice spoke with a deep and dark malice that shrilled into the silence. The hostility and insidious voice sent foreboding chills that could easily penatrate deeply into the marrow of even the thickest spines.

"Oh, now that's just too creepy. Shit, not you, too. How the hell did you--?" Zeke questioned in confusion, resisting the chill that made him want to shudder.

The bloody figure continued walking through the haze as blazing pink eyes became visible. They appeared to glow with intensity despite the darkness of the night.

On the other side standing on a branch, steel eyes burned into Zeke's form before meeting the ferocious fuchsia orbs that flickered on his form for a second.

No words were needed because they both had the same mutual goal in mind.

Zeke gave a yell to see if she would turn, but the gas that surrounded her had no affect. She exhaled to show that she indeed was not holding her breath almost mocking his lack of preparation and flawed plan.

Zeke stopped catching his breath as he panted, looking back to the woman. "No effect. I miscalculated. Well, that certainly puts a damper of my plans. Now, I have two of you monsters to deal with." He said in annoyance.

"That's a dirty little trick you just pulled, Apeshit. I think this time I'll sew that damn mouth of yours shut." Kyra said stoically as her eyes pierced into Zeke's like a dagger.

"I have a couple of pals who are just as eager as me to chew you into bits. Hope you don't mind, but I decided to invite them to play. They always were quite the mouthy bunch, after all... So let's give 'em something to really sink their teeth into." The voice spoke as her lips twisted up in a sadistic smirk.

The woman raised her hand, swiftly flicking her wrist forward, beckoning those behind her to charge forth with a fluid signal.

The trees moved behind her before two large Titans ran past the unwavering Kyra and towards Zeke and the four Titans.