Chapter 65

In the doorframe of the prince's room were vines that were coming from the cracks of the wall.

Dennis: This isn't good.

Sora: I heard he was humiliated by the lord commander.

Dennis: Yes. And that's a sign that he won't let anyone in.

Sora: Boring!

Dennis: Where are you going?

Sora: To cure my boredom.

With that, the petite boy ran away, taking a turn before dissappearing from view. Dennis looked at the door, more vines coming out of it.

Dennis: And how can the prince be appeased?

...

Sora went to the kitchen, trying to find the secret stash of sweets. He had been spying on Johan, the chef, for a while now and he found where he put the stash.

Sora: Let me get my hands on the paradise of sweets!

When he opened the shelf, something appeared, catching him off guard.

Sora: Waaah!

There was a cute little carbuncle, with a ruby at the end of its tail. It hissed at Sora, as if trying to scold him for stealing.

Johan: Caught you right in the act.

Sora: Not fair!

Johan: I told you that you will not touch the sweets.

Sora: Buuuuuu-

Johan: No means no. Please go.

He went past the boy and took out cooking items, ready to make a meal.

Sora: It's afternoon. Everyone had their fill.

Johan: Judai requested one.

Sora: Seafood?

Johan: It's not for him. It's for Yuri.

Sora: So the king wants to soften him with his favorite food?

Johan: That's the gist of it.

The carbuncle went closer to his master, watching with curiosity. He flashed a smile at the little critter, making it let out a small purr.

Sora: Can I get just a little bit?

Johan: Alright, I'll give you some.

Sora: Yay!

After getting some candy, Sora sat on the counter, enjoying his treat while moving his legs up and down.

Sora: I always thought that his powers were strange.

Johan: Yuri's?

Sora: Yep.

Johan: Why do you think that?

Sora: When he met Serena, his powers were growing rapidly. But then the lord commander defeats him like it was child's play, even telling him that he would be the first one to die on a real battlefield.

Johan: So Kaiser went too far again, huh?

Sora: He didn't hold back.

Johan: That's Hell Kaiser for you. He is not afraid to speak his mind.

Sora: What do you think made him lose?

Johan: Yuri is strong, no one denies that. However, like Kaiser said, he has no passion to fight.

Sora: I see a different story.

Johan: What Kaiser means is that Yuri doesn't have the smell of the battlefield.