Chapter 4

*Standard Kingdom*

Lots of maids were helping the young prince get ready. Honestly, he didn't like the fact that others had to do everything for him, but he couldn't do anything against it.

Yuya: Is it done?

Maid 1: Yes my prince.

One of them presented him in the mirror, so he could see himself.

Yuya: It's good.

They bowed to him and left, with Yuya leaving just a few minutes later. He saw guards and maids running from one place to another.

Yuya: I wonder what my brother's doing.

He saw the door to his brother's room was a little open. Yuya went to look through the crack. He saw Yugi being helped by his partner monster, Dark Magician. Yuya sighed in sadness and left, walking along the corridor.

???: Yuya.

He felt a strong hand on his shoulder.

Yuya: Gongenzaka.

He was as old as Yuya, but was big and buff. He was Yuya's best friend and right hand.

Gongezaka: I saw you peeking on the king's room.

Yuya: Gongenzaka, you think I'll have my partner monster one day?

Gong: That is obvious. You will.

Yuya: I'm 14 now and I still don't have it.

Gong: You know that legend, right?

Yuya: I don't believe it much.

Gong: The whole reason why the king threw a ball is for you to find your soulmate.

Yuya: R-Really?

Gong: He didn't say it, but I'm sure it's because of that.

Yuya: Well, he doesn't have its own.

Gongenzaka laughed at Yuya's comment.

Gong: Maybe he'll find his today.

Yuya smiled at the thought of his older brother dating someone. He had been alone for years, so he deserved it.

Gong: Let's not be an obstacle to them.

He said pointing at the maids and guards.

Yuya: How about going to the garden?

Gong: That sounds great.

*Fusion Kingdom*

Yuri was being dressed by his maids. He kept sighing all the time.

Maid 1: Pardon my curiousity my prince, but are you alright?

Yuri: I hate this whole thing. Balls aren't for me.

Maid 1: If anyone else would be in your place, they would have thought differently.

Yuri: Try to be in my place.

Maid 2: Don't bother the prince. He has to be ready.

Maid 1: Sorry.

They finished and one of them pushed the mirror for him to see.

Yuri: It's okay, I guess.

They bowed and left. He sprawled himself on the bed.

Yuri: Boring!

???: Someone is in a bad mood.

Yuri: Shut up Dennis.

A boy with bright red curly hair entered the room.

Dennis: I'm jealous of you.

Yuri: Take my place.

Dennis: And get myself punished? I don't think I'd do that.

Yuri got up from the bed.

Yuri: I can't stay here.

He left Dennis in the room and went to check on Judai. He heard him scream.

Judai: Ow! Watch it Yubel!

Yubel: Sorry.

She seemed amused on her doing. He just pouted.

Judai: I really would need Neos' help, but he's busy with his own home. Some internal affairs or something.

Yubel: You know, I can do the job well.

Judai: But you torture me for your own amusement. You did that since I was a kid.

Yubel: I can't help it; you're just too cute.

Judai: Oh stop that.

He said with a small blush. Yuri went to the library and rolled up his left sleeve. On his arm was a birthmark with the head of a dragon.

Yuri: *sigh* I wish I had powers and my partner monster just like my brother...

He decided to distract himself with a book before the beginning of the ball.

*Synchro Kingdom*

When the maids made Yugo ready, he stormed off to see his brother. Apparently he was done too, since he came out of his room.

Yusei: Yugo. What's wrong?

Yugo: I don't know... I'm kinda nervous about this.

Yusei: It's alright. I felt the same way when I had my first ball.

Yugo: Really?

He nodded.

Yusei: How about spending a little bit of time together before the ball?

Yugo: Yes!

They walked down the stairs, trying to take their mind off of it for a while.

*XYZ Kingdom*

Yuto: Thank you.

The young prince had gotten ready with the help of the maids.

Yuto: You may leave now.

They bowed to him and left. Yuto decided to stay out of the room and do something.

Yuto: "Maybe I'll pay a visit to Ryoga."

Yuto loved melting metal and creating swords with the blacksmith. It was something he enjoyed in his childhood. He was going to Ryoga's work room when he saw Yuma's right hand talking to the king.

Tetsuo: They still have a lot to prepare.

Yuma: I'll send Utopia to help you out.

Tetsuo: Thank you, my king.

Yuto continued and got to the blacksmith's room. The blacksmith himself wasn't there, but he started working.

Yuto: I don't like the situation at all. I'm now 14 and still uncapable of using magic or summoning my partner monster.

His silver eyes went to his right arm. Below that sleeve was a dragon head birthmark. He wasn't a strong believer in legends, but he thought that it might be true. Maybe just a little bit.