Chapter 37

Yuto: Don't let them advance!

He was at the front of the troops, leading them to counter the enemy. His Ka was flying above them, wiping the floor with the smaller monsters.

Vector: Well well well, aren't you a good fighter?

Yuto: Vector!

Vector: You know, they don't plan on losing, so they sent a hoard of those. I'll lend you a hand.

Yuto: Thank you.

Vector's Ka joined forces with Yuto's, ready to take them on.

Yuto: You guys go to the citizens!

Soldier: Eh? What about you prince?

Yuto: I have Vector with me. I will be fine.

Soldier: Alright. Let's go!

Vector: Let's see which one of you wants to die by my hands.

The monsters shot laser beams at them both, causing their Kas to swoop into action.

Vector: Go Judge Buster! Tear them to shreds!

Yuto: Dark Rebellion! Finish them off!

Both monsters attacked and destroyed many of them, but were soon replaced with others.

Vector: This isn't good at all. Aaah, if only the boss monster would show up already.

The prince stopped what he was doing and gave the redhead a puzzled look.

Yuto: Boss monster?

Vector: Well, they must have a leader or something.

As if to grant his wish, a giant machine Ka appeared. It was so heavy, the earth around him was shaking with each step.

Vector: And there it goes.

The other was left speechless. One thought was running wild on Yuto's head; how could a monster of this caliber be defeated?

Yuto: Vector, how are you this calm?

He tried to hide the irritation in his voice, but a small portion of it did show.

Vector: I understand that it can be unusual for anyone to be cold-blooded in a situation like this one. But... I am not worried.

Yuto: Huh?

The man turned to him with a smug, slightly making the prince uncomfortable.

Vector: You can defeat it all on your own.

Yuto: ...What? How?

Vector: You already know the answer.

Yuto: ...!

Vector: Haha. Judging by your reaction, you caught up. Yes, that power will help you crush this Ka and every other one that will be a threat.

Yuto: I won't use it.

Vector: Eh?! You must be joking!

Yuto: I don't need more power! I can do this without it!

Vector: Oh... I see.

Suddenly, Judge Buster dissappeared from sight. Yuto was taken aback by the action.

Yuto: Why did you do that?

Vector: Prince Yuto, you say you can take on this thing by your current power alone, while I say the opposite.

Yuto: You want me to defend my statement?

Vector: Of course. If you can, that is.

The fact that he chuckled after the sentence didn't seem right to the prince. But if it was proof that he wanted, then he was going to get it.

Yuto: Let's go, Dark Rebellion.

The dragon let his master climb on his back. The real fight was going to start.

Vector: "Well, let's see what path will you follow. The path that your destiny has set up, or are you going to create your own?"

...

Yuto: Ugh! It's no use! "Dark Rebellion can't take it alone. If only I had some kind of backup..."

Vector: Giving up already?

Yuto: Gkh... Not yet!

Vector: I will give you a hint. Ba can be used in many different ways, some of them bringing out stronger forms of existing monsters.

Yuto: Stronger forms of existing monsters... That's it!

He remembered Rio teaching him a special subtechnique their kingdom exceled at. Now, he had to use it more than ever, if his desire was to save his country.

Yuto: Aid me, Phantom Knights!

His dragon birthmark started to glow, then it spread all over him. Four purple lights were being formed, revealing themselves.

Yuto: "Alright, here it goes." Phantom Knights Silent Boots and Ragged Gloves, use your energy to call forth your strongest form from beyond!

Both said monsters turned into energy form, spiraling around one another.

Yuto: Now, overlay! Exceed your limits!

A void appeared in the now cloudy sky, with both energies going into it and forming a new Ka.

Yuto: XYZ Summon! Phantom Knights Break Sword!

Then, he did the same thing with the other two, Lost Vambrace and Wrong Magnetring, with another Ka taking their place, Cursed Javelin.

Vector: "XYZ Summon, sometimes called as Exceed Summon, can be performed if the user's Ba is at its highest peak. The monsters with similar power will resonate with each other, turning into energy and bringing out their best form. That is the beauty of this summon."

With them out, Yuto felt confident on fighting the enemy. Indeed, the new Kas were strong, dealing a great amount of damage.

Yuto: "Good. All I have to do is to destroy it with Dark Rebellion and it's a goner! I will prove to him that I don't need darkness to save this kingdom."

His eyes met Vector's, whom in turn, gave a toothy grin.

Yuto: Attack, Dark Rebellion! Revolt of the Lighting! Disobey!

The attack connected with the enemy Ka, creating a lot of smoke. The prince waited in anticipation and so did the redhead. After the smoke cleared, the results were shocking.

Yuto: WHAT?!

Despite having recieved a lot of damage, it was still standing.

Yuto: After all that, it still stands strong...

Vector: ...

The enemy was limping, but had srength to destroy itself and the prince. The latter clenched his fists, desperately holding in his anger.

Yuto: "I have to defeat it... If not, this whole kingdom will plummet and everyone with it. But this is all I can do..."

The machine was coming closer and closer to him. Then, it raised its arm, with the intent to kill him.

Yuto: I... I have to protect Ruri... and my brother... and everyone else.

The thing swinged its arm down.

Yuto: To protect them all... I... I WILL DO ANYTHING!!!

Before the arm would connect with Yuto and his Ka, bright light appeared out of nowhere, blinding the machine.

Yuto: Huh?! What is this light?!

It lasted for a few seconds, then it faded.