Chapter 44

Ryoga: How long have you been there?

The prince found himself walking slowly towards Ryoga, if he could be called that anymore. He stopped, standing a few meters away.

Yuto: Who are you?

Vector: Ryoga is Nasch, leader of the Barian!

Ryoga: Shut up!

Yuto: Barian?!

*flashback*

Diana: There are only two places where souls can go.

Yuto: Two places?

Diana: The Astral World, where the soul ranks up, or the Barian World, where the soul ranks down.

*end of flashback*

Yuto: You...

Ryoga: Yuto, I-

Yuto: All this time, you lied to me? Why?

Ryoga: ...Your brother and I are enemies. It's true, I am a Barian and so is my sister. If any of us would have said a word about it, they wouldn't take it kindly. Back then, Yuma was trying to protect the Astral World while I had to protect the Barian World. These worlds were in conflict with one another, and remain to be.

Yuto: If you and my brother are enemies, why did you get close to him?

Vector: To kill him of course.

Ryoga: Shut up!

Vector: Come on, why else would you get close to your enemy?

Ryoga: Don't forget you are a Barian. However, you turned against everyone and tried to kill us. As the leader, I have to take responsibility for your actions.

Yuto: Wh... What?

The prince turned to Vector, but suprisingly, he was unfazed. In fact, he was amused by all of it.

Ryoga: Yuto, you should absolutely not trust him!

Vector: That is ironic, since you are hiding plenty of secrets. Like who the prince really is.

Ryoga: What did you say?

Suddenly it made sense. Yuto wasn't the type of person to stay upset, unless it had to do with him specifically.

Ryoga: You didn't...

Vector: I did~. And I said every. Single. Detail.

The line was crossed. It was becoming unbearable. Something had to be done. Ryoga felt the cold hilt on the tip of his fingers, feeling an urge to sheathe the sword out. And he did; the sword was unsheathed, aiming for the one and only. A clang sound was heard from his sword hitting another.

Ryoga: Yuto?!

The former wanted to slay the redhead, however, the prince had unsheathed the sword and blocked him.

Ryoga: Why did you protect him?!

He didn't reply. Instead, he turned to Vector.

Yuto: Answer me this. Why did you get close to my brother?

Vector: Easy. Both of you were in danger because of Nasch.

Ryoga: Ridiculous! I have no intention on harming Yuma or Yuto!

Vector: Oh you do. First, Yuma rules the very same kingdom you ruled eons ago and Yuto is the heir. Second, Yuto is the Protector, the very sinner whose name makes even the gods quiver in fear. Isn't that enough?

Ryoga: You little...

The prince had gone quiet, his thoughts running wild. It was too much to take in, he thought his head was going to explode. The more he processed the information, the worse he became. An intense feeling was engulfing him, what was it? Then, the prince felt that he slipped into a new state, one that he had no idea what it was.