Chapter 29

Yugo was drifting off to sleep when he heard footsteps from outside of his room. They were quick, as if they had to leave in a hurry.

Yugo: I wonder what they are doing...

The sounds stopped, making the prince perk his head. Then, a flash of light went through his bedroom window, catching his attention. When his blue eyes gazed out the window, he was able to make out what he was seeing.

Yugo: Whoa! That's Stardust Dragon!

He got up from the bed, going to the window and placing his hands on it.

Yugo: Red Dragon Archfiend! And Black-Winged Dragon! Everyone's partner monsters are out! But why?

He squinted his eyes and it was then, that he noticed his brother on the back of Stardust. All other dragons had their respective owners on them as well. The dragons flew away, until they were no longer seen.

Yugo: Why would brother leave me here and have fun all by himself? This is not fair!

He ran to the closet, changing to his usual clothes and went for the door. However, he did not expect to see the head of the guard standing by his door.

Yugo: Wha?! Tonkatsu?!

Chojiro: It's Tokumatsu! Get it right!

Yugo: "Eep. He still is scary when he yells."

(Fun fact: Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish which consists mostly of meat. And when I first heard the character's name, I said it as "Tonkatsu" instead of "Tokumatsu". XD)

The prince got back to reality when he remembered what he had seen a few minutes ago.

Yugo: Anyway, why are you guarding my room? Aren't you supposed to do your guarding duties somewhere else?

Chojiro: I have strict orders from the king to keep you in check until he comes back. So get in!

Yugo: Why?! So big brother can have all the fun by himself?! I won't accept that!

*later*

Yugo: Just great! Now there are more guards outside of my room. And I got reprimanded by an old man, no less.

He had his arms crossed and a pout on his face. Then, he put his hands on his head.

Yugo: What do I do?! I really want to see where big brother and the others went, but I don't have a clue! Damn it!

Suddenly, he calmed down, taking his hands away from his head. His head titled to the side, trying to think of something.

Yugo: That's it!

He rubbed his hands in glee, looking at the door with a mischievous grin.

Yugo: I'll show that old man what I am made of.

The boy opened the window, the cold breeze hitting him. He clasped his hands together, chanting. After he finished, three toy-like monsters appeared in front of him.

Yugo: Alright buddies, it's time to play. 

The three of them flied away, entering the castle from the other windows. Soon, they arrived in the hall where the guards were patrolling. One of them shot a laser beam at one.

Guard 1: What the?! Where did that come from?

The other two went into action as well, causing a ruckus. Some of the guards were fighting them, some others were protecting themselves.

Chojiro: What is happening? Huh?

He saw the bedroom door wide open and it only meant one thing.