Chapter 34

Yuto: Aargh!

He tried many ways to open the door, but it was a waste. Whatever he had done, it was too strong for him.

Yuto: Why couldn't he tell me the truth?

He sat down on his bed, thinking about his words.

Yuto: Nothing will be the same... Is it that dangerous?

???: He really went this far? Hah, he wouldn't do anything like this in his younger days.

Yuto: Whoa! How did you get here?!

Someone was standing in front of his desk, looking at a small painting.

???: Well, they say people will do anything to protect their loved ones.

Yuto gazed at the small painting, showing him and Yuma from 2 years ago. His brother had a big smile plastered on his face.

???: I guess the same goes for him. He wants to protect you from the consequences of learning that truth.

The person looked at the prince with a somewhat amused grin.

Yuto: Vector... You...

Vector: But I think that you should know it, no matter what.

Yuto: You... know?

Vector: Of course! You would be surprised if you found out how much I know. Do you want to know?

Yuto: "He's too cheerful about it..."

Vector: So, you went to that abandoned village to find the wind spirit?

Yuto: Yes. He said quite a lot. About the village, the Plana and how they organized it.

Vector: I see. Did he said anything about the siblings? You know, the brother and sister?

Yuto: They have reincarnations.

Vector: Oh... I guess you don't know who they are. Storytime it is then!

Yuto: ...Ok?

Vector: So, you have heard around the castle about a certain event from 14 years ago, have you not?

Yuto: Yeah. What happened back then?

Vector: Well, when the kingdoms became the empire of Numeron, the Ka-Ba was forbidden.

Yuto: What? Why?

Vector: The battle between siblings brought so much chaos, it was decided that no one would use it, since that was the cause of everything that happened. However...

Yuto: Yes?

Vector: The royals secretly developed the technique further by employing people with high levels of Ba in the castle walls. Of course, this was done in millions of ways. I mean, it's not like anyone would want to work with the royals.

Yuto: So all those capable of wielding partner monsters were regulated by the royals?

Vector: Yes! You see, the Ba is very delicate. A single drop of hatred can make it go haywire. So, the townspeople were with low levels of Ba and had no idea about the technique. That's why so little know about it.

Yuto: Oh, that makes sense. But my brother and his friends used to live in the capital, so how did they know?

Vector: After the new king, Leo Akaba, took his throne, the Darkness attacked the empire. Since the technique was forbidden, no normal person could save themselves. Eventually, his wife, gave her life as a sacrifice to stop Darkness' wrath, but she did give birth to a baby girl before death.

Yuto: So the country had a heir?

Vector: Yes. After that, the newly appointed king allowed the technique to be used and everyone were taught by the workers from the castle, since they were the only ones who knew how to use it.

Yuto: What does this story have to do with the siblings?

Vector: Brace yourself. The princess was later to be revealed as the reincarnation of the Vessel of Purification.

Yuto: What? No way!

Vector: Yes. And later on, she fell in love with a boy, whom possessed an incredible amount of Ba. Although, he was prone to darkness.

Yuto: Oh. What is special about him?

Vector: He was also revealed to be the reincarnation of the Protector.

Yuto: No... Don't tell me...

Vector: Like I said, he was prone to darkness. It wouldn't take long until he would succumb to it. The princess was heartbroken.

Yuto: So they fought, just like in that legend?

Vector: Yes, yes. But this one was different from the previous battles between reincarnations. You see, this man was very close to achieve the ultimate power, but your brother and other ones stood on his way, crushing his ambitions to the ground.

Yuto: My brother did? He really is strong.

Vector: The king is many things, to be honest.

Yuto: Wait... did this man... transform into a dragon?

Vector: Hmm? Why ask that?

Yuto: Isn't there the legend that talks about the princess and the Supreme Dragon?

Vector: Yeah. The legend speaks of those two.

Yuto felt dizzy, many thought swirling around his head. Memories flashed through his mind, becoming jumbled. His heart almost stopped beating for a second.

Vector: Prince Yuto?

Yuto: No... I am...

He looked up at Vector, whom had a sinister grin on his face, leaving him puzzled.

Yuto: I am that man? I am... the vessel for the Protector?

Vector: ...

Yuto: My brother... he knew...

Vector: Oh Yuto...

He kneeled to get on the prince's level, placing his hand on his shoulder.

Vector: They did say that truth hurts. This means, you have the power of darkness, which makes you... a demon.

His gray eyes widened in shock. He looked down at his hand; it was shaking.

Vector: But prince Yuto, think about it. The Protector didn't start off as bad and neither did the man the princess fell for. They were misjudged by the pathetic creatures we know as humans. All they wanted was to change this wretched world.

Yuto: Really?

Vector: Yes. You have the power to change it as well. To turn it upside down.

Yuto: ...

The redhead closed his eyes and gave a sweet smile.

Vector: Of course, this information is quite the shocker. I'll let you be for a while, but don't you worry. I will be back. Also, don't tell anyone about this.

Yuto: Huh? Why?

Vector: Well... it's better not to for now. After all, you can't ruin the surprise. Trust me... old friend.

Well, I guess my productivity is going through the roof and I'm happy about it. Have fun reading and stay safe.😊😊