Chapter 20

Sorry for the lack of updates. The writer block is a scary thing, trust me.

The carnival had gone well. Yugo had returned to the castle and was on his room making new sculptures.

Yugo: And done.

He pushed back to see his work. He had done his partner monster, Clear Wing, with gemstones. The sculpture illuminated on the sunlight coming from his window. Yugo grinned.

Yugo: One day, I'll shine just as bright as this sculpture.

???: Psst. Prince. Over here.

Yugo turned to the door and saw Rua poke his head in.

Yugo: Rua. You came for our secret project?

Rua: Yeah. Coast is clear.

Yugo rubbed his hands in glee and went to the door, following Rua on the hallway.

Rua: We have to be careful though. One wrong move and we're exposed.

He nodded. Soon, they arrived in their destination. It was a room, right next to the stairs leading to the basement. The room was full of scrap and explosive substances that were well kept.

Rua: Alright! Let's begin!

Yugo: Yeah!

Rua grabbed blueprints from a box and layed it down to the table. They were the blueprints for a cannon.

Rua: Hmmm... What's so special about this one?

Yugo: Instead of throwing one cannonball at a time, it can throw a cannonball and before it lands, it will turn into smaller ones, causing more damage. This will be good against enemy forces, right?

Rua: So one cannonball will separate into smaller ones? Not a bad idea, but will it work?

Yugo: The cannonball will be huge.  That's why I decided to build a cannon that can fit a big one.

Rua: How will the separation work though?

The young prince smiled.

Yugo: Magic!

Rua: Eh?!

Yugo: The charms can be used to enhance gadgets, right?

Rua: Good thing I brought some.

*one and a half hour later*

Both were bulding the cannon. It was difficult and time-consuming, but they weren't giving up that easily.

Rua: Phew. This part is done.

Yugo: I'm also done.

Both pulled away to see and high-fived each other.

Yugo: Awesome!

Rua: Now for the final touch.

Rua took out a few charms and put them in a grinder. Yugo watched with curiousity as the charms were turned into powder.

Rua: This will be a boost for the cannon.

Yugo: Is it enough to power it up?

Rua: Yes. It will also help on the cannonball separation.

Yugo: Yes!

After placing the magic powder to a container in the cannon, they moved on making the cannonball. It took them less time to create it.

Rua: Wow, it's huge.

Yugo: We also need to put magic powder on this one.

Rua: Yes. There's still some left. So, shall we try it on the open?