Chapter 36

???: 3... 2... 1... Get ready.

...

The sun was shining in the clear blue sky. The waves of the ocean were colliding softly in the islands. Everyone were on their daily lives with no disturbance. While the king was on his daily duties, Yuto had gone out with Ryoga on the capital, enjoying themselves.

Ryoga: Would you like to go into the other islands?

Yuto: Sure.

The XYZ kingdom was special compared to the others on the geographical side. Three islands were connected to the rest of the vast land by bridges. In the past, there used to be four of them, but the fourth one collided with the land, getting itself attached to it. The castle was on the former island.

Yuto: People are so lively today.

Ryoga: They always are.

Suddenly, the blacksmith felt anxious for some reason. The prince stopped in his tracks when he saw Ryoga a bit far behind.

Yuto: Are you okay?

Ryoga: It's fine. Don't worry about it.

The feeling didn't stop. His heartbeat was getting faster and a pit formed in his stomach.

Ryoga: I have to go.

Yuto: Huh? Where?

He ran across the islands, with the prince following him. Both found themselves at the port. Ryoga climbed a tower, which was used to watch the sea from a fairly high point.

Yuto: Ryoga! What's the matter?

The latter squinted his eyes to make out what he was seeing. Then, something came into view. A large fleet of ships were slowly making their way to the kingdom. Ryoga was terrified, because they didn't look friendly at all.

Ryoga: Yuto! Run and warn everyone!

Yuto: What? Why?

Ryoga: We're in danger! Hurry!

The prince was going to ask, but he turned to the sea and realized what the blacksmith meant.

Yuto: They are enemies?

Ryoga: I know an enemy when I see one. Now go!

Yuto summoned his Ka and flew away to the castle. While on the way there, he told the citizens to run, but that left them more confused. As the fleet of ships came closer, numerous machines came out of the sea.

Ryoga: I knew it!

With a quick chanting, his Ka appeared.

Ryoga: Go, Abbys Splash! Finish them off!

The giant machines were noticed by the people, making them run for their lives. The military got out of the castle, helping and calming down the citizens.

Yuto: Ryoga is at the port.

Yuma: Ok! You stay here while we handle them!

Yuto: But I want to help!

Yuma: No! You aren't strong enough!

Yuto: I can't stand here watching while the enemy destroys our home!

Yuma: Fine! Go aid the soldiers!

The young prince nodded and got out his monsters, the Phantom Knights. Yuma, along with Rio, Kaito and the Arclight brothers went to the port.

...

Ryoga: Gah!

His Ka was pretty beaten up. The machine monster raised its arm to attack.