Chapter 68

Yuri: Where are we going?

Judai: Relax. We'll go out and have fun.

Yuri: ...Fine.

They found themselves at a cliff, overseeing the beach below. The sea breeze made contact with their faces. Coupled with the warmth of the sun, it felt very nice.

Judai: What a good weather!

Yuri: It is.

Judai: How about we duel?

Yuri: Why?

Judai: Can't people duel for fun?

Yuri: ...I guess.

Judai: I'm pumped. Let's get to it.

Starving Venom and Neos appeared beside their owners. Their appearance triggered the Ba around them, crystallizing into charms.

...

Judai: Neos' defense can't be broken that easily.

Yuri: Using the dark charm, Starving Venom deals piercing damage.

Judai: Oops, I forgot about that.

Yuri: You can't fool me. You knew about it.

Judai: I guess I did.

Neos was destroyed by Starving Venom, resulting in the king to fall from pain. The dragon's face was very close to him, growling. His younger brother approached him, a strange glint present in his eyes. His expression was cold, with a hint of ruthlessness.

Judai: ...Yuri?

The prince stood still for a moment, seeing fear and concern in his brother's eyes. Then shock kicked in, his face turning to that of regret.

Yuri: ...

He snapped his fingers, the dragon vanishing in thin air. Judai got back on his feet, brushing off dirt away from his clothes.

Judai: Yuri-

Yuri: Don't. I know, I shouldn't have done that.

Judai: Quite the contrary. It is exactly what you should do.

Yuri: That's rich coming from you.

Judai: Of course I am opposed to it, however, you have to abide by the law of the battlefield. That's what Hell Kaiser tried to tell you.

Yuri: ...

Judai: A piece of advice from me. Even if life requires you to be ruthless, don't ever forget what you believe in. It's very easy to go on the other side.

Yuri: I see.

Judai: You got better after that fight with Kaiser!

Yuri: ...Stop it.

Judai: Huh?

Yuri: Get straight to the point. You wanted us to have quality time on purpose, didn't you?

Judai: ...

Yuri: I am right.

Judai: ...Yeah. There is something important I want to talk with you about. It has to do with-

Yuri: I know. Just tell me. Everything.

Judai: Alright.

...

Yuri: ...

Judai: I think you have realized why I didn't tell you before. I was worried that...

Yuri: So that's why I felt something was odd with me.