Chapter 5

Syuzo: Here we are. Let's get in.

Both of his daughters got off the carriage and started walking in. Their heels made a soft clinking sound as they were walking. Lots of other people were there as well. Yuzu was shifting a bit from one side to another.

Anzu: Yuzu? What's the matter?

Yuzu: These girls are much prettier than me.

Anzu: They may be pretty, but what's inside matters the most. Don't forget that.

Yuzu: Somehow, I feel relieved.

Anzu: That's what sisters do.

They reached the main hall with their father and were stunned. It was all so beautiful. The chandeliers were shining like stars. There was a huge dining table at the right corner and at the left corner was the orchestra. At the throne and at the door were guards. Yuzu was left astonished. Her dark blue eyes were everywhere, taking in the wonderful sight.

Anzu: Ah, there's the king.

Yuzu looked at where her older sister was looking and saw him. As far as she had heard, he was a young man with a big heart. He always wanted to solve problems peacefully. As the rumours would go, the prince was similar to the king in personality. Speaking of the prince, he came up there standing close to his brother.

Yuya: I thought I missed it.

Yugi: You had a good talk in the garden, hm?

Yuya: You knew?

Yugi: I saw you. Everyone are gathering fast.

Yuya looked at the crowd and saw girls waving at him and giving him a wink. He blushed and turned to look away.

Yuya: Goddess no.

Yugi: You got to survive this.

Yuya: Oh no...

The ballroom became full of people. Many of them were happy and excited.

Jounouchi: *ahem* Before we begin, the king would like to give a small speech. The word for you, my king.

Yugi: Thank you. I thank every one of you for coming here today. This day is a special day; the day of the prince and my brother's birth. For his 14th birthday, I did the ball as a present he will never forget. I hope that he and all of you like it. Enjoy.

Everyone clapped and Yugi signaled the orchestra to begin. Everyone started doing their own thing; dancing, talking with others, eating, going out in the garden and so on.

Yugi: Yuya, why don't you go and dance?

Yuya: With who?

Yugi: With the one you like.

He swallowed and went onward. Right after that, many girls rushed to him. A girl with curly red hair took his arm.

???: Prince! Please dance with me!

Yuya: Mieru, I would but-

Girl: No prince! Dance with me!

Another girl took his other arm. Yuya got confused and embarrased at the situation. Yuzu was watching from afar, dissappointed.

Yuzu: "Who am I kidding? He'll never notice me."

Her sister had dissappeared Goddess knows where, forcing her to go to the food table, eating a few sweets that she found.

Yuzu: "Mhmm... Amazing. The food is delicious."

She looked at the garden and saw not too much people. Yuzu went there, looking for a place devoid of people to stay. Her search proved to be useful as she found one. It was a small place covered by big bushes that were done to look like walls.