Chapter 30

Crow: I really missed this view.

Rua: Same here. It's awesome!

Jack: Don't get distracted. We are not here for leisure.

Crow: Tch. You're no fun.

Akiza: Come now, Jack. They know that this is an important mission. Sometimes, a little bit of fun is needed, don't you think?

Jack: If you let them be, they will go out of the rails.

Rua: Eeeh?! That's not true!

Ruka: Actually, it is.

Rua: Ruka, come on!

Yusei listened, reminiscing about the days they were fighting as a team. Their conversations back then were just like now and that brought a smile to his face.

Yusei: Stardust?

The white dragon roared, the other ones followed suit. Everyone knew it meant something.

Ruka: Down there. The Nazca lines.

Akiza: And the Goodwin brothers are there.

Crow: Should we crash in?

Yusei: No. We will stay here.

Crow: What?

Rua: Why?

Yusei: According to Kiryu, they are here to undo the curse on Rudger. If anything happens, we will interfere.

Jack: Sounds good.

So, they would watch the event unfold from above, staying alert for anything out of the ordinary.

*meanwhile*

Rex: It hasn't changed at all.

Rudger: ...

They had arrived in the cursed ground. In there, there were lines of different creatures, mostly animals. Straight ahead was a temple.

Rudger: The solution is in that temple.   

The brothers were going to the top, however, someone or something wanted to keep them away. Rudger's mark in his arm started to glow bright and even throb.

Rudger: Nngh!

Rex: Brother!

One of the lines, the spider, was also glowing. A shadow version of it rose up from the ground. The Signers watching from above and the Goodwin brothers were shocked.

Crow: This is bad!

Ruka: But what is that? It doesn't look the same as before.

Akiza: Maybe it can't manifest completely. That might be why it is like that.

Jack: Yusei?

Another glow made its presence known on the king's inner pocket. After seeing it, he took it out. The blue charm was shining bright as the sun.

Yusei: The elemental guardian will emerge.

Rua: Really? Is it strong enough against the spider?

Yusei: It should be.

Below them, the shadow demon was staring down at its owner.

Rudger: "He was right. They have no intention to leave me. But..."

He looked at the temple, hoping to see something. Indeed, blue light appeared at the top, taking shape of a humanoid creature.

Rex: No way... Aquarius, the Water Spirit.