Chapter 53

Serena: "That guy is eyeing Yuri as if he is a sworn enemy. I have a bad feeling for some reason..."

Alito: "For now, I have to focus on this battle. I will deal with him later." I summon my partner monster, Burning Knuckle Star Cestus!

Judai: "Gkh, what is this feeling? Right when he summoned it, I felt this dark energy... Just who is this guy?"

Serena: Ugh!

Asuka: Are you alright?

Serena: Y-Yes. I felt a pit in my stomach, that's all.

Yuri: You too?

Serena: Huh? Did you-

Yuri: Yes. Now that I look closer at it, it has some kind of number engraved in its body.

Asuka&Fubuki: Is that so?

Judai: "What? So that's what it is?"

They took a closer look, noticing the number 105 on its shoulder plate.

Fubuki: What is that?

Asuka: I haven't seen a Ka with a number before.

Judai: That is because they were used somewhere else.

All four turned at the king, looking at each other afterwards.

Asuka: Judai, you know about it?

Judai: Yeah. Yuma told me. Monsters like his are called the Numbers. They are from one to one hundred.

Yuri: This one is 105 though.

Judai: I am surprised that there can be above 100. I don't think Yuma mentioned anything about it.

Serena: What exactly are the Numbers?

Judai: It's a bit complicated, so I'll try my best to explain. From what I know from Yuma, the Numbers are fragments of someone's power from a different dimension. Some of those Numbers fell into people's possesions, others roamed free. Some of them can corrupt their owners though.

Fubuki: Whoa, I have never heard of that. Since the former king of XYZ knew about them, I assume they appeared in there, right?

Judai: Yeah. But just like other Kas, they can be found anywhere. It just happened that the owners of those Kas were in the XYZ kingdom.

People were murmuring about the new monster that had made its appearance. Since it was unknown to them, their thoughts were running wild.

Presenter: Oh! We have a unfamiliar Ka on the field! I am excited to see what it does!

Alito: "Oh, you will see it alright. How terrifying it is." Here I go! I use the fire charm to activate his element ability. All reaction effects towards Star Cestus will be negated.

Gauche: What? That puts me in a bad mood...

Presenter: Amazing! Gauche the Starman cannot target Burning Knuckle Star Cestus with his Ka's effects!

Alito: I am not done. I use these ones to strengthen Star Cestus.

Gauche: Two yellow ability charms?!

Asuka: He is aiming for an OTK.

Fubuki: This isn't good.

Alito: Burning Knuckle Star Cestus attacks Heroic Champion Kusanagi!

Gauche: "I can't use my Ka's effects, but he can't stop the effects of the charms." I use the orange ability charm to strengthen his defense!

Alito: Oops, it seems I stated it a bit incorrectly. My Ka's element ability disables all counter effects, including the charms.