Chapter 42

Although anyone could underestimate her for being a girl, she was more than that. The attack almost connected, if it wouldn't be for her to dodge and go behind him.

???: I see. You won't go down without a fight?

Ruri: Who are you?

???: It doesn't concern you.

Ruri: Eh?

He prepared himself, then attacked again. She put her arms up in a defensive way, her bracelet glowing upon doing so. This time, the attack was blocked, not by her.

???: What the hell?

She put her arms down slowly. Standing between her and the attacker was the wind spirit.

Ruri: Garuda?!

Garuda: Fear not milady. It is my duty to protect you.

Ruri: I am not exactly a la- Wait, your duty is to protect me?

Garuda: I will explain when the time comes. Right now, he needs to be taken care of.

A frown made itself present on her face. Fighting was the one thing she would refuse right away. She always believed that it was possible to solve problems with peace rather than with conflict.

Ruri: What do you want from me?

???: I am just fulfilling a request. That is all.

Ruri: Re... request?

???: I won't go in detail. Even though they said I had to do this quickly, I see you are not easy to handle. In that case...

His hands were clasped together, concentrating for what it seemed to be the summon of a monster. Indeed, a monster had appeared.

???: Let's see what you are capable of.

Ruri: Ngh...

She realized he wasn't going away peacefully. Only in times like this, she would fight for her safety. 

Ruri: I have no choice.

She raised her arm, her bracelet glowing once more.

Ruri: Appear, Lyrilusc Assembled Nightingale!

The beautiful songbird stood beside the wind spirit. She was somewhat confident, since she had two monsters on her side. A slight breeze of wind was flowing, containing small particles. They formed into the element and ability charms.

Ruri: The charms.

Garuda: There are a number of places with concentrated Ba. When two Kas engage in battle in one of those places, it causes the Ba to crystalize into charms.

Ruri: Even nature contains Ba?

Garuda: It does. Use them as you see fit.

The attacker extended his hand, gesturing as if he wanted to lure her in. For her, it meant she could have the first move. Her eyes were at a green charm. Of course, she made a run for it, but something prevented her from grabbing it. A dagger had come on her way, almost getting her shoulder.

Ruri: What was that for?

???: I fight to win. Any method is necessary.

Ruri: "No good. I have to get the charms while dodging him, but how?"

The person seemed to be very skilled, because he took a light charm that was very high.

???: Idaten the Conqueror Star's light ability. It lowers all attacks against it.