Chapter 57

The other Rin blasted ice to the original Rin, but the latter was able to dodge it. Then she grabbed her Ka's arm and jumped, landing on her back.

Rin: Go Winter Bell!

Her partner monster attacked, but her opponent blocked it.

Ponta/Rin: Ha!

However, Ponta had lowered his guard, giving Rin the perfect chance to blast him with her own ice.

Rin: Ha! "If that girl that Girag mentioned managed to control her powers, then I can do it too!"

Ponta/Rin: You have gotten good, but not good enough.

Rin: Talk all you like. I will win.

Ponta/Rin: Come at me!

Blows were exchanged, both sides had no intention on losing.

Rin: "He's good. His moves are calculated and precise, not to mention he's agile. At my current level, I cannot defeat him. If only I had more experience..."

The green gem on her bracelet started to glow, her vision was obscured by it.

Rin: What is happening?

Looking up ahead, her eyes caught the sight of a shadow. Said shadow came closer, but this time it had features.

Rin: A girl?

What really stuck with Rin were the girl's eyes. It was like behind those eyes was a whole other world, ready to be explored. The girl gazed at her, then extended her arm.

Rin: Huh? You want me to come with you?

She didn't react, the mysterious girl was just standing there. Rin tried to extend her arm to touch hers, but was hesitant.

Rin: Why do I have to?

Her lips curled to a smile, nodding at her. Rin was a bit taken aback, but decided to touch her hand. When she did, the girl was replaced with Windwitch Winter Bell. No, this wasn't her partner monster, it was different.

Rin: Wow... Beautiful...

The monster turned into light, obsuring her vision once again. She was met with an attack from Ponta, which startled her.

Rin: "I can't avoid it!"

She closed her eyes, hoping for a miracle. There was no pain. Rin opened one eye, only to see that the attack hadn't connected. This was followed by a sigh of relief.

Ponta/Rin: Whoa!

Rin: Huh?

Her eyes went wide at what she saw. Her Winter Bell wasn't there anymore, instead it was replaced by a new version of her.

Rin: You are the one from my vision!

This one was bigger and had the shape of a bell. Most of the body was made of diamond.

Girag: Did that monster evolve?

Rin and the other two were gazing in awe at the new monster. She looked down at her master, with Rin smiling.

Rin: You protected me, causing you to evolve. "I wonder if that girl from the vision did this. Now that I think about it, what did she really do?"

Girag: Rin-chan, what is the new monster's name?

Rin: Windwitch Diamond Bell.

Girag: She looks strong.

Rin: She is.