Chapter 25

*Fusion Kingdom, library*

Yuri: Pick a card.

The prince was with Serena, while their older siblings were in the garden. They were playing with the set of cards Dennis lended to them. Each of them had five cards on their hand and a deck on the side to pick from.

Serena: Sure.

The top card of the deck was taken and she compared it with the others cards in her hand. After that, she discarded two of them.

Yuri: Two spellcasters, fire and water. Not bad.

Serena: Go. Your turn.

He picked the top card, comparing it with his hand.

Yuri: Lucky.

Serena: What did you draw?

He flipped the drawn card for her to see, catching her off guard.

Serena: Dragon, light?!

Yuri: That means I can draw up to the number of cards I currently have.

Serena: Tch.

He drew from the deck six more, discarding the cards with the same type.

Yuri: And that leaves me with three. What will you do?

Serena: I'll wipe that smirk off your face.

Yuri: Confident, aren't we? Then, your next draw shall decide.

And with that, the blue haired girl drew the card, leaving her speechless. With a look of mild anger, she showed the card to the prince.

Yuri: Oh. Dragon, dark. If you don't have the light dragon in your hand while you draw it, you discard your entire hand, leading to a loss. The Goddess smiled to me.

Serena: Shut up. You won by dumb luck.

Yuri: Now, now. Don't get worked up.

Serena: Easy for you to say. With that dumb grin.

Yuri: Watch your speech.

Serena: Humph!

She flipped her ponytail and turned her back on him, making him grunt. She stood there still for a little moment before turning to him.

Serena: Do you actually believe that legend?

Yuri: The one that describes our current situation? Not at all.

Serena: I also don't believe it. It's too sketchy.

Yuri: Yet, my dumb brother took it all in.

Serena: My sister as well. Why would they even think that we have something to do with it?

???: It's not the legend they believe in.

Both were surprised to hear someone else, so they looked around to find the source of the voice standing on the door.

Yuri: Yubel.

Serena took notice of the woman, examining her from head to toe. The girl could feel a somewhat sinister aura around her.

Yubel: Judai may be an idiot, but even he doesn't believe in legends that easily.

Yuri: If that is so, why is he pushing me to-

Yubel: It has to do with an historic event from a much older time.

Serena: What event?

Yubel: Hehe, it got your interest.

...

Yubel: The world before was a lot more different than it is now. People were always fighting to survive in the corrupted earth.

Serena: Corrupted? What do you mean?

Yubel: You must be aware there are two gods that govern this world.

Yuri: Darkness and Horakthy.

Yubel: Right. Horakthy, she was responsible for the creation of what we call home. Darkness on the other hand, resented her, corrupting the lands and sending monsters to attack people. Living in that time was an everyday fight for survival.

Yuri: So death lurked in any corner?

Yubel: That's not all. If anyone had been corrupted, they would be beyond saving.

Serena: I don't believe it.

Yubel: Is sounds unbelievable, but is the truth. The village in one of the kingdoms is proof.

Yuri: Village?

Yubel: Not everything was consumed by the darkness. There was a place where corruption had not touched upon. Dear prince, you might know what that place was called.

Yuri: That village in the XYZ kingdom, Plana?

Yubel: Yes. That very village was protected by the goddess herself. The land and the people were living peacefully, but only in that territory. If they had to get out, they would face that very dangerous force.

Yuri: What does this has to do with me and Serena?

The woman was quiet for a little before continuing the story.

Yubel: Two special people were born in that graceful village. The legend about them is different, but one thing remains consistent. They were siblings blessed with powers from the goddess. Unfortunately, one of them was way too ambitious, seeking more power than it had. Eventually, both of them parted ways in the worst way possible.

Serena: They fought with each other?

Yubel: They did. In the end, their battle changed the world greatly.

Yuri: How were two people able to achieve that?

Yubel: Do you know that the technique people use to fight with partner monsters has a name?

Serena: What? No one in my family mentioned this.

Yubel: Everyone barely know its name. It's called the Ka-Ba technique.

Yuri&Serena: Ka-Ba technique?

Yubel: Ka stands for the partner monster, Ba stands for the spiritual energy present in people. Those with high level of Ba can host a monster in their body. This technique was created by the siblings for everyone to live freely in a corrupted land. Because of this, they are known as creators of the Ka-Ba.

Serena: How does this... technique helped in solving the problem?

Yubel: The Ba of a person is fused with the Ka, making people resistant. After all, don't people become stronger when they have others to rely on?

Serena: That is true.

The prince was silent.

Yubel: The reason you two have to be together to grow stronger is because you are tied to these siblings.

Serena: What did you say?!

Yuri: How? Tell us.

???: That's enough, Yubel.

She turned to the door, only to see Judai and Asuka. The latter was surprised at what she heard, while the former was giving her a death stare.

Yubel: Judai? How long have you been there?

Judai: They don't have to know that.

Yubel: Judai, they will find out sooner or later. And when it happens, you will regret it for not saying anything.

Judai: They won't.

Yuri: Oh really? Yubel, go on. What is there that I should know?

Judai: Yuri, you will never find out. I won't allow it.

The king's tone surprised the prince. He had never heard him be so threatening before.

Judai: Asuka, take your sister and go.

Asuka: ...No.