Chapter 77

Seeing her little sister hopeless made her smile coldly.

Asuka: "Yet despite the loss of her partner monster, she is still able to fight. What is keeping her from losing this duel?"

Serena's bracelet started to glow. The entire place had changed to a white void.

Serena: What happened? Where am I?

???: Power...

Serena: Huh? Who is that?

???: Your bracelet's power...

The girl was quiet, trying to listen to the words spoken by the voice.

???: Use your bracelet's power...

Serena: My bracelet's power?

Her eyes were on the bracelet with a blue gem, glinting in the void.

???: The Light cannot stop the power of that bracelet. Use its power to upgrade your Ka.

Serena: Who are you?

???: I cannot tell you my name. Rest assured, I am your ally. We will meet sometime soon, Serena.

The void disappeared, changing back to the scene of the duel. Her bracelet was still glowing, prompting Asuka to look at it.

Asuka: Why is that bracelet glowing?

Serena: "Amazing. I feel tremendous power coming from it. Then, I will use it and make a comeback."

She raised her arm, the blue gem still glowing brightly.

Asuka: What?! How could you resist the Light's influence?!

Serena: ...Appear, Moonlight Cat Dancer!

Asuka: What?! But I destroyed her!

To everyone's shock, her partner monster had appeared safe and sound. Moonlight Crimson Fox joined her, both monsters turning to light.

Sho: Is that a fusion summon?!

Daichi: But she can't use the ability charms!

Ryo: Look closer.

Sho&Daichi: Huh?

Johan: She isn't using any charms. Her bracelet is allowing her to perform that summon.

Everyone started murmuring, surprised that someone was able to bypass the Light's influence.

Asuka: "Is that bracelet the reason she is still fighting? What is so special about a piece of jewellery?"

Serena: The beautiful beast dancing in the moonlight! The crimson fox that runs in the night! Swarm in the vortex of moon's gravity and become a new power! Fusion Summon! Come forth! Elegant beast dancing in the moonlit wilderness! Moonlight Panther Dancer!

The bracelet's light allowed both monsters to fuse, replaced by a new monster. A blue aura surrounded the new Ka, making the blonde girl step back a little.

Serena: Battle! Moonlight Panther Dancer attacks White Night Queen!

Asuka: I use a pink charm to raise the chances of survival for my Ka.

Serena: Panther Dancer's attack is raised thanks to her dark ability and my willpower!

Asuka: Ah!

The power of her opponent damaged her greatly. She struggled to get up.

Serena: I am not done.

Asuka: Huh? But your battle phase should be over.

Serena: I activate Panther Dancer's second dark ability. She can attack up to the number of monsters on my opponent's field. Even if you can protect Snow Spirit, your Ba will be lowered further.