Chapter 76

A/N: I apologize for the lack of updates. I had writer's block and a lack of motivation to continue. I don't know if the next updates will be consistent, but I hope for the best.

She was bothered by this monster, but what would come next is what made her worry even more. If her sister was battling her with new monsters, how would she be able to defeat her when she had changed this much?

Asuka: Your turn.

Serena: ...I know. Using a pink charm, I summon Moonlight Blue Cat.

A tiny girl with cat features appeared, standing beside Cat Dancer.

Serena: I use a dark charm and Blue Cat's effect activates; the rest of my monsters with a dark attribute have their attack greatly increased until the end of my turn. And with that, Cat Dancer attacks Snow Spirit!

Asuka: I see. Trying to finish me off in a blow.

Nonchalantly, the blonde haired girl grabbed a pink charm, activating it immediately.

Asuka: By using the pink charm, Snow Spirit survives Moonlight Cat Dancer's attack.

Serena: But you still take the damage!

The blonde screamed, but recollected herself, brushing her clothes as if nothing happened. Serena huffed, declaring the end of her turn. Her older sister chuckled with her hollow eyes.

Asuka: What's the matter? You look tense.

Serena: How can you be happy in such a state?

Asuka: Why shouldn't I be? The Light has opened my eyes. That makes me happy.

She was frustrated to see her older sister act the way she did. To Serena, this was someone who looked like Asuka but acting nothing like her. And she wasn't alone on that thought.

Sho: Has Asuka lost her true self? This is nothing like her.

Fubuki: Asuka, have you truly forgotten everything?

Serena: "Brother... I will break that cold mask of hers for sure!"

Asuka: I summon Cold Enchanter.

A girl with blue hair and eyes appeared, holding a snowflake staff. There was a slight breeze, giving Serena the shivers.

Serena: "What? Why am I feeling cold all of a sudden? Don't tell me..."

Asuka: By using this water charm, Cold Enchanter raises the attack power of all water monsters on my field. With that said, Cold Enchanter attacks Moonlight Blue Cat.

Serena made a dash to catch an ability charm, successfully managing to get one.

Serena: I use the orange ability charm to-

Asuka: Tsk tsk.

Serena: What is funny?

Asuka: You were destined to lose the moment you decided to challenge me.

Serena: You are bluffing.

Asuka: Then allow me to explain. Thanks to Snow Spirit's water ability, you cannot use the effects of the ability charms until the duel is over.

Serena: What?!

The charm she had in her hand broke to pieces. Blue Cat was destroyed, making the owner groan in pain.

Sho: That's impossible! Without the effects of the ability charms, she won't last long!

Daichi: What a terrifying effect. Is this the power of the Light?

Fubuki: Serena... Hang in there. You can do this.

Ryo: "Unable to use the ability charms in the entire duel... Serena, how will you fare?"

Shaking her head slightly, she managed to regain her composure. She could see her sister chuckle with amusement.

Asuka: How does it feel? To learn that you have no chance of winning?

Serena: I may not be able to use ability charms, but I can still use my monster effects.

Asuka: How far will you get with the monster effects alone? I am looking forward to it.

Serena: "Cat Dancer has the ability to evade attacks, so I don't have to worry about her destruction in battle. However..."

The chilly breeze was becoming unbearable. Normally, most monsters could cause some changes in the battlefield or weather but it was to a moderate degree. On the other hand, Asuka's ice monsters' chilly effects could harm everyone around them eventually.

Serena: "She looks confident. As if she has a few tricks up her sleeve. I should plan my next moves carefully." I summon Moonlight Crimson Fox. By activating a dark charm, she can lower an opponent's monster's attack. I choose Snow Spirit!

Asuka: I thought it was made clear to you from the start. You cannot defeat me by lowering my Ba.

Serena: It's better than nothing.

Asuka calmly grabbed an orange charm, raising the defense of Snow Spirit. Cat Dancer attacked Snow Spirit, leaving a scratch. The damage barely affected her.

Serena: ...I end my turn.

Asuka: I see you are losing hope. At this rate, you will join the Light soon enough. Using a pink charm, I tribute Cold Enchanter to summon White Night Queen.

When the aforementioned monster made her appearance, a stronger and colder wind started blowing, creating ice underneath the ground. Both the royal staff and the army of Light were alarmed by this.

Asuka: Be quiet! Endure until this duel is over.

The army was silent. The others were disturbed by her behavior, but decided to keep quiet for now.

Asuka: Hm... White Night Queen has lower attack compared to Moonlight Cat Dancer, but...

She grabbed a yellow charm, boosting her Ka's attack. Then she ordered her Ka to attack Cat Dancer.

Serena: I use a dark charm to activate Cat Dancer's ability. She can evade the-

She stopped midway as she noticed her Ka was unable to move. The ice had enveloped her Ka's feet, preventing her from escaping. The dark charm's effect was useless.

Serena: What?!

She heard cackling, forcing her to look at Asuka.

Asuka: Didn't I tell you you were destined to lose? The Light amplified my monsters' abilities, which is why they are able to create ice and cold wind.

Sho: That is low! You used an outside force to turn the duel in your favor!

Daichi: You rigged this fight from the start!

Fubuki: Asuka... You always used to fight fair...

Asuka: The Light will use any means necessary to achieve its goals. White Night Queen, destroy her Ka!

Serena: Agh!

She fell on her knees because of the battle damage and the unusual cold weather. Her life force was running low and so were her hopes. Serena hadn't lost yet, but she had reached her limit.

Asuka: You have done well to get this far. Although it is obvious that you have reached your breaking point. Let me spare you the suffering and give up. The Light will make you be the best version of yourself.

Fubuki&Sho&Daichi: Serena!

Ryo: ...

Serena: I...

She closed her eyes for a moment, lost to thought. That fortuneteller's words kept echoing in her mind. That the truth would destroy her.

Serena: "I cannot give in to this demon, but all I see is darkness. What... should I do?"