Chapter 27

Yuri: You got the plan?

Serena: Yes. Let's go, Cat Dancer!

The girl started to run, with Cat Dancer following her.

Serena: "This should do it." By using three dark charms, Moonlight Cat Dancer can vanish, thus evading the enemy's attack. Go!

Yuri: I also use three dark charms to activate Starving Venom Fusion Dragon's element ability. It can deal piercing damage and if another monster has the same element as him, it applies to the other ones as well. Finish him off!

Cat Dancer attacked the stone giant, prompting the latter to attack, but thanks to her ability, she dodged it three times. Then, Starving Venom attacked from above, catching the opponent off guard, giving it pierce damage.

Yuri: And that's how a master does it.

Serena: Don't forget who helped you into succeeding.

Yuri: But it was my idea.

Serena: Arrogant, spoiled brat.

Yuri: You need more than that to break my ego.

Serena: Tch.

Yuri: Anyway, the plan was executed well. You weren't bad at all.

Serena: Humph.

Yuri: "Girls are diffucult to deal with."

Serena: So, now that he is defeated, I guess we have to find the answers, right?

Yuri: True.

The prince walked towards the giant.

Yuri: You have some explaining to do. Like, why are you in this altar?

???: I am its guardian.

Serena: Guardian?

???: I am Titan, the Earth Spirit. This altar is a sacred ground meant for keeping the demon of this kingdom sealed.

Yuri&Serena: What?!

Titan: Long ago, this place was corrupted by Darkness, attempting to swallow the life the Light created. He did this with the help of four demons.

Yuri: Demons, huh?

Titan: Yes. These four demons spread dread everywhere they went. But the Light herself sealed them deep underground, in hope to keep them at bay.

Serena: That Yubel woman said people had to fight death in order to survive. If these demons were sealed, why was the corruption still around?

Titan: Unfortunately, the demons could still bring terror even from below. This was, until the Light created the altars in the places where they were sealed.

Yuri: So they are not just mere decorations?

Titan: The light of creation flows deep within these structures. With the altars, the corruption had somehow weakened, giving people temporary quiet times.

Yuri: Titan, what do you know about Plana?

Titan: The people whom worshiped the Light... In return, she gave them power to withstand the corruption. They spread in all the kingdoms, in order to purify the lands and the people living in it, creating their own villages.

Serena: People blessed with the power to fight corruption...

Titan: One of the villages in particular had the strongest lead. The Plana village in the United Lands of the Poseidon.

Serena: What?

Yuri: United Lands of the Poseidon?

Titan: It is the incarnation of the now XYZ kingdom. There, two siblings, wanted to change the law of this world altogether.

Yuri: Did they achieve it with the Ka-Ba technique?

Titan: Yes. They did this in order to grant everyone the power to protect themselves and their loved ones. They believed everyone deserved to live in peace.

Serena: What happened to those siblings... after the big battle they had?

Titan: One of them reached out for the dark. The other stayed in the light. Of course, a battle was inevitable. But instead of passing on, they were meant to return to this earth until one came victorious.

Yuri: Are you saying their battle ended in a draw?

Titan: The Light couldn't allow the world to be thrown in chaos, so she decided for them to reincarnate.

Serena: Reincarnate? Ah!

The boy noticed the girl realized something. With an assumption in his head, he decided to ask the spirit one certain question.

Yuri: The reincarnations... Is there anything that can distinguish them from the rest?

Suddenly, the altar was hit by an electric bolt, alarming the three of them.

Yuri: What?!

Serena: Where did that come from?!

???: I am afraid that truth won't be revealed to you today.

Serena: Who-

A person in a black cloak and hood was standing just a few feet away from them.

Titan: Y-You!

???: I am so sorry, prince and his milady, but I don't want you to disrupt my plans. And as for you, Titan, you will stay asleep for a while.

Another electric bolt was fired, hitting the altar once more.

Titan: You... won't get away... with this...

The stone giant dissappeared. The person laughed at the sight.

Yuri: Who are you?!

???: My my, I am not here to hurt you. I just did what should have been done.

Serena: What do you mean by that?

???: Nothing. If you try to attack me, don't. It will be a waste of time.

Yuri: Well, I for one, did not like what you did just now.

???: It looks like you don't back down easily. Then take this!

Both were blasted by energy, enveloping them both. Then, after it lifted, they had dissappeared.

???: Tch, I can't believe I had to get them back to their home with the memory of this event erased. But oh well, I did complete what I had set out to do.

And with that, the person left the altar, like nothing had ever happened.

...

???: Yusei, it will be alright. I have experience.

Yusei: Just don't get yourself in trouble. I don't want anything to happen to you since... you know.

???: You entrusted me with this job, so all I have to do is to accomplish it. Don't worry my friend, the same thing won't happen twice.

The person put a black hood on, leaving as fast as he could. The king leaned on the left gate, watching his friend becoming smaller, until he could no longer see him.

Yusei: I am counting on you. Kiryu.

Wow, it seems I have gone back to the time when I would publish regularly. I hope it goes on, because I hate to stay on writer's block. Have fun reading and stay safe.😊