Chapter 51

Ok, now it seems to be a good time to say this. In here, most characters will be using ability charms to summon monsters related to their partner monster. Others, like Yuya, don't need to use charms to summon monsters, because they have a different way of summoning them(like how Yuto did it before with the birthmark). So, ability charms have multiple uses. More will be said later on.

Grace: Amazoness Pet Liger attacks Maiden in Love! By using the earth charm in my hand, Pet Liger lowers your Ka's attack and raises his own.

Rei: I am not worried.

Grace: Eh?

It was the first round of the tournament. The first match was Grace vs Rei. People were cheering and whistling.

Rei: When the light charm is used, Maiden in Love raises her chances of surviving fatal damage. In other words, she cannot be destroyed.

To back up her words, Pet Liger attacked her monster, but it was still there.

Grace: For a puny monster like that, it has a strong effect.

Rei: It is love that keeps her going.

Grace: Is that so? I wonder how love will keep her alive in the field.

Rei: You will see. If Maiden in Love was attacked, she allows me to take control of your monster.

Grace: You said what?

Amazoness Pet Liger was charmed by the beautiful maiden, slowly making his way on Rei's field. Some of the spectators were not expecting that action.

Serena: So after being attacked, she shifts the control of the opponent's monster to your field?

Yuri: It is an annoying effect.

Judai: It's not annoying, it's deadly.

Yuri: Have you fought her before?

Judai: I did. It was not easy.

Down in the arena, Grace was thinking how to defeat her opponent, who at first seemed like a pushover. How wrong she was.

Grace: "To think she was challenging... but, I won't back down."

She took out two charms, with a plan on her mind.

Grace: Using the pink charm, I summon Amazoness Swordswoman. I use her to attack Amazoness Pet Liger.

Rei: You know Amazoness Pet Liger is stronger, right?

Grace: Hehe.

The new Ka attacked, with the liger countering.

Grace: At this moment, I use the earth charm. It increases the chance of surviving fatal damage and if the opponent's monster is stronger, Amazoness Swordswoman can reflect the attack back at you.

Rei: No way!

With that said, the attack was strong enough to destroy the liger. The blue haired girl fell on her knees, the damage had affected her.

Grace: It looks like I win.

Presenter: And the winner is Grace Tyler!

The audience boomed with cheers and applause. Grace waved her hand to the crowd, causing them to cheer further.

Serena: But she still had her Ka, so why did she lose?

Asuka: Losing a battle isn't only determined by the destruction of your partner monster.

Fubuki: If your Ba is damaged and you can't continue, despite having your Ka on the field, then it's considered a loss.

Yuri seemed to be surprised just like Serena. It made him realize that he had a lot more to learn.