Chapter 28

*Synchro Kingdom, Goodwin Residence*

A man was sitting in the dining table, with a glass of wine in his hand. Another one came in the room, looking concerned.

Rex: What did he say?

Rudger: ...(A/N: I thought his name was the same as in the dub, Roman. Guess not.)

The man took a sip from his glass and put it down on the table.

Rudger: That man is a devil.

Rex: How so?

Rudger: He is aware of my previous doing.

Rex: Is he threatening you? If so, then-

Rudger: No.

*flashback*

Vector: The shadows will never stop speaking to you.

Rudger: Lies.

The redhead chuckled, intertwining his fingers and holding his chin with them. His eyes narrowed, the smile he had was creepy, enough to send a shiver down to Rudger's spine.

Vector: Is that so~? I can practially hear it from here.

Rugder: What I did before was a grave mistake! I won't repeat it again!

Vector: So you say, but they will never stop talking to you. Until you recreate your past deed that is~.

The man hit the table hard with his fists.

Rudger: Why... What do you want from me?

Vector: Rudger, old man. I know what you really want and that is to destroy this pathetic excuse of a world. Don't you think that this world needs a bit of... cleaning?

Rudger: ...

Vector: Wherever you like it or not, you will fall to the shadows. After all, humans are such a delicious prey for corruption.

Rudger: I won't listen to their voices.

That caused Vector to let out a maniacal laughter.

Vector: I am afraid you already are lured. Yes, I can hear the dark mark trying to take over.

Rudger gasped from shock. This person, he knew things that normally, no one else would. The redhead pushed the chair, getting up to leave. Not before turning around, giving the most cheerful face he had ever done.

Vector: I can't wait to see your role in the grand scheme.

Rudger: Just what...

*end of flashback*

Rex: Why didn't you tell me about the mark of the Spider?

Rudger: I didn't want to worry you.

Rex: That is serious! Something must be done about it.

Rudger: I was planning to solve it by my-

The younger brother glared at him, conveying the message that it was a bad idea. The older one sighed, taking a sip from the glass.

Rudger: Tonight, at twilight. The destination is the Nazca lines.

Rex: Alright.

...

Yusei: What? He said that?

Kiryu: Yeah. What will you do?

Yusei: I would go after them, but I have to think this carefully. After all, it's the Immortals we're talking about.

Kiryu: Whatever decision you make, I am sure it will be the right one.

Yusei: Thank you. I do not want the same tragedy to happen again.

...

Jack: If all of us Signers are gathered, then it means disaster is coming.

Ruka: Eh? Does it have to do with the Earthbound Immortals?

Rua: Seriously?! I thought we took care of them!

Yusei: Everyone, I know you all feel uneasy, but you have to calm down.

Crow: How do you expect any of us to be calm when those are probably plotting our deaths?

Yusei: From what I have learned, they are not released. I only know they could be active.

Jack: You surely won't let this go unchecked?

Yusei: Of course not. We will go when the Goodwins go as well.

Crow: Well, we've got to finish bussiness fast.

Rua: Hell yes! I'll show them their place this time!

Ruka: Rua!

Rua: Hehe, sorry. I got a bit overboard.

Yusei: Jack, make sure the guards keep Yugo in check. He'll probably want to meddle in.

Jack: Leave it to me.

Yusei: Alright. Everyone, don't forget.

All gave a nod of approval and left to mind their bussiness. Yusei left the throne room. When he got to the gates, the guards noticed and opened them.

Yusei: Thank you.

They bowed and closed them behind him. The king took out a small object, which looked similar to the one Judai had. The gem had a blue color to it.

Yusei: If the worst scenario happens, then I have to use this charm.

He put it back on the inner breast pocket and placed his hands together, murmuring something. His partner monster, Stardust Dragon had manifested in front of him. Seeing him made the young king smile.

Yusei: Shall we go?

He climbed on his back and the white dragon took flight.

...

Rin was carrying her empty tray of food from her room to the kitchen when she noticed her older sister talking with the king. Judging from the look Akiza had, it must have been serious. Rin left the tray on the kitchen and quietly walked back to the hall, listening to their conversation.

Akiza: No way. How are they still active?

Yusei: Someone must be trying to unseal them behind our back.

Akiza: You came here to request my assistance, right?

Yusei: Yes, if it's alright with you.

Akiza: Yusei, if our home is in danger, there is no way I'd refuse.

Yusei: I feel relieved. Thank you Aki.

Akiza: Come on Yusei. You are better than that.

Both laughed wholeheartedly. Rin was smiling at the scene, admiring how they got along so well.

Akiza: So, twilight? At the Nazca lines?

Yusei: Yes. All other Signers will be there.

Akiza: Got it. See you tonight.

Rin went to another room to hide, because the king got up to leave. She heard footsteps going down the entranceway, then heard the door open.

Akiza: Stay safe.

Yusei: You too.

The door slammed shut. Aki's footsteps were heard going back to the living room. Rin got out of her hiding spot and went to her room, plopping on the bed and thinking what she just heard. She knew her older sister wouldn't tell anything, so she only had one thought running in her mind.

Rin: Well, I have to find out myself.