Chapter 2

Yuzu: I'm home.

Shuzo: Welcome back Yuzu!

He went to hug her, but she dodged, making him fall.

Shuzo: Oww... Why did you do that?

Yuzu: Father, you act like I've been away for years. It's embarrasing.

Shuzo: But you were away...

Yuzu: Anyway, where is big sis?

Shuzo: She's in school.

Yuzu: Then I'll pay her a visit.

The door opened and revealed a brunette with blue eyes.

Yuzu: Anzu!

Anzu: Yuzu!

They hugged tightly, making their father slightly jealous.

Yuzu: How did it go?

Anzu: Better than I expected. It was fun teaching other kids to dance.

Both sisters hugged her father, took some fruits to eat and went to Anzu's room.

Yuzu: Sis, can I talk to you about something?

Anzu: Of course. What is it?

Yuzu: Will I ever be normal?

Anzu: You are normal Yuzu.

Yuzu: I'm not. I have no partner monster and no powers. All other girls have it, including you. But me... I'm useless.

She started crying. Anzu embraced her, comforting her.

Anzu: You will have those eventually. Besides, you are not useless. You are wonderful.

Yuzu stopped crying and looked at her sister.

Anzu: I know how to cheer you up.

She grabbed Yuzu's hand.

Anzu: Want to dance outside with me?

Yuzu: Yes. But where?

Anzu: To the training ground. That's where I learned dancing.

*later*

Yuzu was happy, dancing with her older sister. There were a few kids watching in astonishment. When they finished, they clapped.

Anzu: They want to be stars one day.

Yuzu: Like us.

Anzu: Yes.

A horn was heard, taking their attention. They got out to the main street where traders would sell goods. They saw the king's secretary in a horse, blowing the horn.

Jonouchi: Attention! Tomorrow, in the castle, will be held a grand ball for the birthday of the prince.

The folks were murmuring. Some of them were excited about it.

Jonouchi: Everyone will be invited. And all maidens should participate in this ball. The prince will choose his princess on the eve of his birthday.

All girls got excited. All of them were ready for this day. Yuzu saw some of them fighting.

Yuzu: Why would the prince want a girl?

Anzu: Yuzu, this might be your chance.

Yuzu: What?

Anzu: Remember what I told you about the legend?

Yuzu: But it's just a legend, right?

Anzu: I know, but it might be true. If the prince is your soulmate, you will get your partner monster and your powers.