Chapter 12

Yuri: Why did you do that?

Serena: Do what?

Yuri: Dancing in front of a crowd where dangerous people lurk around?

Serena: Not everyone have easy lives like you!

Yuri: Don't get worked up.

She crossed her arms, not believing a word he said. He mentally sighed to himself, she was not an easy nut to crack.

Yuri: I don't have an easy life.

Serena: You have everything.

Yuri: ...

He let out his hand. Serena looked at it in curiousity.

Yuri: I wasn't blessed with powers like most of the people in here. For fourteen years, I've been like this. Do I have everything, now?

Her face turned red in shame.

Yuri: We are alike. We have no powers or a partner monster. Like it or not, we really are connected and we have to strengthen that connection.

Serena: ...I need to go home.

She started walking on her way home. After a few meters, she did turn to look at him. Then, she continued her way home. Little did she know, that her siblings had heard of her little incident.

Serena: Big bro?

His gaze was cold, different from his playful one. Asuka was sitting on the couch with a look of worry in her face.

Fubuki: How many times I told you not to do anything like that?

Serena: I just wanted to help.

Fubuki: You were going to get raped by those people! I always told you to stay away from crowds of men!

Serena: You don't understand!

Fubuki: I don't want to hear your excuses! Go to your room and you won't get out until your learn from your mistake!

She was angry, but didn't burst. Serena went to her room and slammed the door hard.

Asuka: Brother. Didn't you overdo it this time?

Fubuki: Asuka, this is for her own good. She is adored by many for her beauty and of course, there are crazy people that want to use her.

Asuka: I'll check up on her.

Asuka opened the door gently and saw Serena had her face buried in the pillow. She went to her and started stroking her hair. Serena turned her head and saw her older sister.

Serena: It's you.

Asuka: Forgive our brother. You know he is very protective of us.

Serena: He yelled at me without listening to me first.

Asuka: He knows why. But try to be in his shoes. It isn't easy to take care of two younger sisters.

Serena: It's not like I wanted to. If I had my own powers... I could contribute to the family.

Asuka: Everything will be fine, you'll see. By the way, who saved you from those men?

Serena: That arrogant guy.

Asuka: The prince?

Serena: Who else?

Asuka: So he was there.

Serena: Don't try to persuade me. He isn't the one that-

Asuka: But your bracelet reacted to his birthmark, no?