Chapter 61

Yuzu: Speaking of fighting, we cannot use our powers in here.

Gong: That's right. That door...

The stranger picked on the conversation, creating an energy ball and blasting it. The amount of energy was huge, making them wonder of his power level.

???: There. I fixed your little problem.

Both were prepared to beat him quickly so the prince wouldn't have to deal with him. But they had no idea of the horror they would soon face.

???: You go first.

They looked at each other and nodded in unison.

Yuzu: Here I go. Using the pink charms, I summon Sonata the Melodious Diva and Aria the Melodious Diva.

Beautiful fairy monsters appeared from the charms, their singing echoing in the hall.

Yuzu: And using both light charms, Sonata and Aria have their attack up and become indestructable.

Gong: "Good choice. We don't know his abilities, so playing safe is the best way to go."

Yuzu: I am finished here. Gongenzaka.

Gong: Yes. Using the pink charms, I summon Superheavy Samurai Blowtorch and Superheavy Samurai Blue Brawler.

Said monsters made their appearance, standing on Gongenzaka's field. Their opponent raised a brow, as if something surprised him. However, it wasn't just him; Yuzu also looked over her partner's field in confusion.

???: Defense? Monsters that are summoned stay in attack position.

Gong: Superheavy Samurai monsters have the ability to be summoned in defense position.

A slight grin appeared on his face, seemigly amused. Now it was his turn to reveal his strength.

???: Come to me, Radius the Half-Moon Dragon, Heliosphere Dragon!

When the monsters appeared, both had a bright glow around their bodies.

Yuzu: Huh?

Gong: What's the matter?

Yuzu: Those monsters... They are not that powerful, but somehow got stronger.

???: You are inexperienced.

Her face turned to a pout, her cheeks puffy and red.

Yuzu: I know that! You didn't have to make it so obvious!

He was unfazed at her outburst, he only stood still.

Gong: Yuzu.

Yuzu: What?

Gong: What he used is something else that exists alongside the Ka-Ba. It's called Akh or willpower.

Yuzu: Akh? What purpose does it serve?

Gong: If the willpower is strong, it can change the stats of your Ka. Their power level matches up to the user's Akh.

Yuzu: R-Really? Something like that is possible?

Gong: It is. But that is not everything; normally, to summon a stronger monster, you need to sacrifice a weaker monster using a pink charm. With strong willpower, you can skip that step.

Yuzu: Amazing. I never knew about this.

Gong: However, Akh is invisible to most people. Those who have spend years practising Ka-Ba obtain the ability to see someone's Akh.

Yuzu: So you were able to see his willpower?

Gong: Yes. There is a way for the inexperienced to see Akh.