Chapter 41

Small note: Made a change with the ability charms. The orange ability charm previously had the ability to heal, but now it strengthens the monster's defense.

Yuu: Careful! We should not harm the lord!

He was leading a few people somewhere, whom were carrying the unconscious prince. A door to a room was opened, with a dresser and a bed. Reiji was laid down by them slowly, leaving when their job was finished. Yuu grabbed the chair of the dresser, sitting down and waiting for the prince to wake up. The door opened again, a woman with blue eyes and purple hair entering the room.

???: Yuu Sakuragi, what happened to my son?

He explained to her everything, making her grit her teeth.

???: Not only they humiliated him, but they also damaged his Ba?

Yuu: Yes.

???: You may leave.

Yuu: Yes milady.

He did as she said, closing the door behind him. The woman gazed at her son, placing her hands on his.

???: They did this to you. No need to worry, I will get you back to normal.

Her eyes closed, still squeezing his hand, chanting something. His body started to glow. She finished chanting, the glow dissappearing. The look on his face changed to a calm one.

???: Have a good rest, Reiji.

She went for the door, opening it and getting out of the room. Yuu was outside, guarding it. She told him to get back in and he did, closing the door. The woman started walking down the narrow, cold corridors. The atmosphere was somewhat eerie, but this didn't bother her at all. Her legs had gotten her into a spacious room, where a man was standing with his back, staring at a large pillar, with four glass tubes connected to it.

???: Aren't you going to see your son? Leo Akaba?

He turned at her, his expression nonchalant.

Leo: Himika, I know my son like the back of my hand. He will get to his feet and crush everyone standing in his way.

Himika: All you care about is your project, not our well-being.

Leo: I never said that.

Himika: Reiji's throne is taken away by force and you just stay and watch? Do you not want him to recreate the empire that was destroyed 14 years ago?

Leo: Of course I want to see my son succeed. Although this project-

Himika: Your 'little' project will crush all of our hopes and dreams!

Leo: Your plans will crush mine first.

Reiji: Father, mother is right.

Leo: Reiji?

Both of them noticed the young man standing close to the entrance of the chamber. He came to them, with a little difficulty.

Himika: Are you alright? You should be resting.

Reiji: I am fine. Father.

Leo: I don't expect you to cooperate. Reiji, I won't stop you, so don't you stop me.

He wanted to rebel, but stopped himself. The man stormed off, making the woman glare at her husband. He tried to avoid it by looking back at the large pillar.

Himika: I can't believe it that we are not your priority.

She left the chamber as well, huffing on the way out. He wasn't bothered by the conversation, not a little bit.

Leo: Just a little more.

...

Kotori: Here you go.

Woman: May the Goddess bless you.

She took the food and went to the left. Ruri was there, filling buckets from a bamboo water fountain. A girl was with her, helping her out.

Ruri: You need water?

Woman: Yes.

Ruri: Here.

She grabbed one of the buckets, giving it to the woman. Seeing her hands full, the other girl took it and looked back at Ruri.

???: I'll help her get it to one of the houses.

Ruri: Ok Sayaka.

Other people were queuing in the food and water stands. The girl from before came back, helping Ruri out.

Ruri: I am a little surprised.

Sayaka: Huh? Why is that?

Ruri: This village looks more like a town. Not only that it has a lot of houses and other buildings, but tools and objects that helped the villagers get their basic needs. For a place this ancient, it is kind of odd, don't you think?

Sayaka: You are right. Just taking a look at it makes you think the people here were a lot smarter back in the time.

Ruri: "Plana, huh? From last time, and from learning more about them from my brother, they were people capable of purification magic of sorts. I have a feeling there is more to it."

Sayaka: I wonder where the palace staff went...

Ruri: They went to get supplies from the castle. Most of it is damaged, but there are still some usable items.

Sayaka: Is that so? That would be great.

While giving the bucket to one of the people, she felt her hands shaking and her vision was becoming a blur.

Sayaka: Wah! Ruri, are you alright?!

Shun held Ruri in place before she fell. He took the bucket away from her.

Shun: Go rest. I will take it from here.

Ruri: O-Ok. Sorry for worrying both of you.

Sayaka: What are you apologizing for? It's alright, just don't push yourself.

Ruri: I'll keep that in mind.

The girl walked away, going into the house she and Shun had chosen to stay. However, before entering, her eyes had caught the sight of a cliff above the village. As if by instict, her legs had gotten her there.

Ruri: Wow, the view up here is wonderful.

Everything looked so small on where she was standing. She could even see the islands of her kingdom, making her drop her smile. Even from above, the ruined buildings could be seen.

Ruri: To think that the former heir invaded our country just to get his rightful place... It isn't right to rob someone of what they have.

While she was busy watching over the land, quiet footsteps were approaching her fast. Anxiety took over her, her heart beating faster. She turned to see what was making her feel on edge, but the moment she did, the girl was attacked.