Chapter 66

Yuri: Why are you so afraid of him?

Serena: I am not afraid.

Yuri: Fine, fine. You don't like him. Why is that?

Serena: His aura is unsettling.

Yuri: Hm...

They found themselves standing before a small building with a sign that read "Saiyu Fortunetelling Stand". Clearly they found the right place. When the prince got close to the curtain door, he heard voices from the inside.

Saiyu: I am afraid that I cannot help you today. Come by tomorrow.

???: I see. Thank you.

The client opened the curtains, stepping back when they saw the youngsters. Both of them felt a shiver going down their spine when their eyes made contact with the person. They walked away after a few seconds, with Yuri following his movements in suspicion.

Serena: I think I have seen his face somewhere...

Yuri: Same here. Although, I cannot seem to recall where we have seen him.

The prince brushed it off, opening the curtains to reveal the fortuneteller shuffling his cards. He raised his head, a smile creeping upon his face after seeing his new client.

Saiyu: I am delighted to see you, my prince.

Yuri: You knew I would come, didn't you?

Saiyu: Who's to say?

Yuri: Humph.

Saiyu: How may I be of service?

The prince sat down, locking eyes with him. Serena peeked through the curtains, her anxiety levels rising. She was wondering why was this man fearsome to her.

Yuri: What can you make of my destiny?

Saiyu: Oh? Is your Majesty concerned?

Yuri: I want a honest, straight to the point explanation.

Saiyu: Heh.

He shuffled the cards, putting the deck on the table.

Saiyu: Do you want me to spread the cards?

Yuri: No need. 

With a nod, Saiyu picked the first card, showing it to the boy.

Saiyu: The Judgement, reverse. Now this is intriguing.

Yuri: How so?

Saiyu: Self-doubt. It's not an easy task for you to achieve success while you look down on yourself.

Yuri: I do not doubt myself.

Saiyu: We both know the truth. You are ignoring your true calling.

He stood silent, his head hanging low. Saiyu stood up from his chair, going to the prince's side.

Saiyu: Tell me. Do you wish for more, but an outside force does not let you?

Yuri: Yes.

Saiyu: Could that be the king himself?

Yuri: He always restricted me in some way.

Saiyu: Did you wonder why?

Yuri: Always.

Saiyu: I have that answer. Are you willing to learn a truth that you were never meant to know?

Yuri: ...

Saiyu: So you aren't.

Yuri: ...No matter the consequence, I need to learn that truth. I know clearly that something separates me from my brother and since he won't reveal it, then I have to find out myself.