soda ~ a guy

Y/n's Journal

Wednesday

I met a guy. I know I never really talk about men - especially boys - but this guy really changed my whole interest in men. Though he may be the hottest guy in Tulsa (I've heard his name being said) there was something about him that I liked for some odd reason.

I went to the DX because my friend, Evie needed someone to accompany her. So I agreed and walked to DX. I knew her boyfriend works there.

I didn't think much of it. Then when we got there she met up with her boyfriend and I sat down somewhere, being the third wheel until I heard someone laugh. Didn't know where it came from but it was pretty laugh, and weird.

"Hey umm, I'm gonna go buy something to drink and something. You want anything?" I asked Evie. She shook her head and went back to Steve.

I went inside to see a bunch of girls surrounding a guy. Couldn't see his face, and I thought that was the hot dude every girl talks about. I ignored it and searched for a Pepsi and a pack of gum.

As I walked to the cashier, I couldn't get through from the crowd of girls. Until the guy spoke up.

"Hey ladies, let her through. She just wants to pay" he said calmly. Then the crowd opened and I saw him.

Well at first, he was just "hot stuff" and that is not the first thing I look for in a guy.

I put my items on the counter and pull out my wallet as he checks them out.

"Hi, how was your day?" He asked. "Fine" I replied. "Just fine?" "Yes, just fine" I say in a slight rude tone, "I- I was just being nice" he stutters. "And I was being rude. Bye now!" I waved at him as he looked at me very confused.

'He really doesn't know who he's messing with' I thought to myself. I'm sorry, I have slight anger issues. Plus, don't ever ask me about my day because everyday is the same.

Then it was night time. I was in bed reading. It wasn't too late. It was around 6 or 7.

Right when I was getting to the good part of my favorite book, I heard the door knock. I waited for my brother to answer it but turns out he fell asleep on the couch. Everytime.

I got up, opened the door.

"God dammit, you're ruining my read- oh you" and it was Mr. "Hot Stuff".

"Uhh, hi. Your friend told me where you live" he said. "That bitch. What d'ya want?" I ask. "I just wanted to say sorry for earlier, I was just being nice" "Okay your forgiven, now I'm reading!" Right before I close the door, he stops it.

"I was wondering, to make it up to you, maybe you want to go out sometime?" He asks. "What is this? A movie or something? Where the hot guy who gets all the attention, asks out the nerdy girl who reads books and doesn't really care about her appearance?" I blurted out. "I uhh-" he stutters.

"I'm sorry, rough day. But sure. Where and when?" I said. His face lit up. I'm gonna be honest, it was pretty cute.

"Umm maybe the Dingo? Saturday after school?" He said. "You stupid or something? There's no school on Saturday" I said. He starts turning red, "how about 3?" I suggested. "That sounds good, I'll pick you up" he says.

"Hell yeah you are. It was never a good first impression to let your date walk to the destination alone" I said. He smiles and says,

"You're different" "I thought everyone is" he smiles. Man did that smile just gives me butterflies.

"Okay, I'm gonna go back to reading. You did ruin it but this was worth it" I said. "See ya" he said. I closed the door.

I turn around to see my brother up.

"Someone's got a date" he said

"God dammit, you idiot! I'm gonna kill you" I said, he laughs and goes to his room. He's been this annoying since he was born.

Wait, I forgot to get his name.