johnny ~ no other night

"Excuse me - if you don't mind me asking - why are you crying out here alone? Did something happen?" A boy asked. I was crying at the lot, under a tree.

"Umm it's nothin'" I said, wiping my tears. "Oh c'mon it can't be nothin'" he says as he sits down next to me.

"Its just that - my parents have been fighting a lot lately and I always try to stop them until I couldn't take it, and so I ran out the house" I started crying again. "Hey, hey it's okay. Everything's fine. I have the same problem" he said. "You do? You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah - well, sorta. I'm starting to get used to it" "You go out here a lot?" "Yeah, I guess it's my home now" he said, making me laugh a little. "I hope you don't mind having me here" I said "No, not at all. To be honest, it's lovely to have you here. I ain't got much people to talk to bout' these kind of things" he said.

"I'm Johnny. Johnny Cade" he said, putting his hand out. "I'm Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n" I said, shaking his hand. "Pretty name for a pretty girl" he said. Making me blush a little. "Thanks. Oh God, what am I gonna do now?" I ask myself. "You have any idea what the time is?" "Not exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's real late" he said.

"Yeah. Can I stay with you?" I ask. "Umm- sure" he said. "Let me lead you to the room madame" he said as he stands up and puts his hand out to where he sleeps. I laugh a little and got up.

And there was no other night better than that.