steve ~ speed

I fixed his collar and brushed his hair through my fingers.

   "You ready?" I asked. "Born ready." He said. He kisses my cheek. "Now remember. Start slow then..." "Speed up, I remember baby." He said.

   I smiled. "Alright. You be careful. And it's fine if you lose because everyone starts a loser. Now get out there and show em who's king." I said. He smiled and kissed me. He then ran out and I went back to my seat to watch him drive.

   The whole gang was there, ready to watch Steve drive. He has won many drag races before and is pretty much drag race champion. Those were minor races. I don't know how but another racer who was very good came to town and they decided to race each other. The prize was quite a lot. $1,000. They both had 500 bucks.

   Without me even realizing, I heard a gunshot and tires screeching against the asphalt. I covered my ears since I kinda hated that sound because it made me cringe.

   They were both speeding. "C'mon Steve. save your energy." I said quietly.  They were both next to each other. The whole crowd was cheering and whistling. The gang was next to me yelling too. Of course I cheered as well.

   They had already done 4 laps. One more to go. Time for Steve to speed up. I saw them both start to speed. The other guy was behind Steve.

   "C'mon Steve, you can do this." I said again. They were very close to the finish. The crowd goes crazier. But as soon as I saw it, I saw Steve ahead of the guy. And there he went. I saw the flag wave around.

   "And it's a win for Steve Randle, Tulsa's great drag race champion!" Said the commenter. The crowd goes wild. Me and the gang goes down to the track to go congratulate him. I was last to do that.

   "You crazy fucker, you did it!" I said, hugging him. "Thanks Y/n. All I did was repeat what you said in my head over and over again. You guys should really take her advice, it helps." Said Steve as we all laugh.

   Steve got his $1,000.

   "What are you gonna do with the money, Steve?" Says Two-Bit. "I don't know, somethin' useful. Maybe buy a ring for my darling over here." Said Steve, giving you a side hug.

————————————————————

I wanted to make Steve lose but at these same time, for some reason, I felt bad. I just did. Anyways, enjoy the happy ending :)