two ~ no

"What now?" I said. I was sitting in lunch with my girl friends. Well, just 4 of us. Janice, the mom friend. Taylor, the nice friend. Sally, the crack head and me. The mean but stupid friend. But yet I have the best comebacks and I'm always in fights.

   I was spacing out when some guy was trying to talk to me. Asking me out or something. He thought I didn't wanna talk when all I was doing was staring at the wall. It happens to me a lot, even suddenly.

   "I was asking for your number." He says. Looked like a Soc and from what I remember, acted like one. "Oh, uhh. No." I said. "What?" "No, I'm not gonna give you my number. You asked very nicely and I respect that but I don't want to give it to ya." I said. The word 'no'. The best comebacks cause' the never know hat to reply with.

   Of course he was speechless. "I'll just... Go." He said, as he runs to his lunch table with his friends. "I still don't get why people ask for my number or hit on me when there's you guys who dress and act better than me. And smarter than me." I said to my friends.

   "Well, you're still gorgeous and an amazing woman. Maybe you're their type." Says Taylor. "Or maybe they're using me cause they think I'm that stupid." I said. "Hey Y/n, wanna go to the Nightly Double? Janice and Taylor can't tonight and I haven't asked you." Says Sally. I'm more close with Sally because we act similar. We act irresponsible, stupid, crazy. Not too crazy but crazy enought to scare a date off.

   "Sure, I ain't got nothin' better to do anyway." I said. "Okay, I'll see pick you up." She said. "Yeah I know." The bell rang and we went to each of our classes.

• nightly double •

   I wore what I wear pretty much every day. A red cropped t shirt that's just above my hips, a flannel around my waist, and sadly, skinny jeans because all my good baggy pants are in the wash.

   Me and Sally got to our seats. The movie wasn't so interesting but I try to get hooked on to it. Sally had went to go get popcorn and a drink for her and me. While I stay seated, I felt someone's head in the crook of my neck. I turn to see the, Dallas Winston bothering me again after all the AMAZING comebacks I told him.

   I scoffed and look back at the screen. He brought some of his friends with him. I think I saw one of em' in school.

   "Hey, there's no need to be mad." He said. "Okay?" I replied. Another good reply. "I just wanted us to be in good terms." "And we are, who said we weren't?" I said. "The look on your face." "Is the look on my face a person to you?" He stood silent. "Yeah that's what I thought." I look back at the screen. Sally came back with the snacks and sat next to me.

   "Trouble again huh?" She whispered to me. I nodded, taking the drink and popcorn from her hands. Dallas had went somewhere. He was nowhere to be seen but his friends were still there.

   I then heard the two boys shout. I look back and see that they got jumped by one of their friends. I laugh and turn back.

   Someone sat next to me and I could feel their eyes on me. I turn to see a boy in a leather jacket and his hair all greased up. He was wearing a mickey t-shirt and his eyes were very dreamy. He smiled at me.

   "Hey gorgeous." He said. "Sshhh." I shushed him. "You like the movie?" "No you're the problem." I said. "That was good." He laughs. "I'm Two-Bit." He pulls out his hand for me to shake. I just shook it.

   "You're not gonna say your name?" "No" "why?" "You didn't tell me to." I said. "Well now I'm telling you to say your name." "Y/n." "Well it's nice to meet you, y/n." He said. "I know." He laughs again. "You're cool. Very different but very pretty. Let me get your number." He said.

   "No I will not let you." I said. "Annddd why not?" He smirks. "Because I have the right to not let you." "You have the right, but not the ability. I'll find you y/n." He said. "Now that's just stalking." "Well..." He sighs, "we go to the same school so I'll do my try my best to get your number." He said.

   "Good luck is all I can say." I smiled. He smiled back. "Thanks." He then walks away, still smiling/smirking. I couldn't help but to keep smiling.

   Sally then hit me playfully on the shoulder. "What?" I said. "I cannot believe you'll go out with that guy." She was smiling, meaning good of course. "Okay and?" "Y/n, you haven't went out with someone in like years. It felt like a lifetime dude." She said.

   "I guess so..." I said.