pony ~ bestie

This is modern day language and things we got now that the 60s don't got. Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Bestie." I said, I was calling my best friend, Ponyboy. "What now?" He sighs loudly through the phone. "We're going to get some snacks. I'll pick you up in 10 minutes. Bye, love ya." I put the phone down.

   I grab a jacket and my keys to my Cadillac (I very much love Cadillacs). I told my mom I'll be out for a bit and I left. I got to Pony's house. I open the door without knocking.

   "He's in his room." Darry says, not looking up from his newspaper. I nod and walk to his room. "Bestie what is taking you so long?" I said, not bothering that he's half naked. He jumped, almost falling.

   "Y/n, get out! I'm getting ready!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes and close the door on the way out. I waited in the car, almost falling asleep. Until I heard a door close. I jump and see Pony walking towards me and jumping in the car.

   "Dude, you really need some fashion." I said, taking off. "Excuse me, who's the one wearing my sweater? And sweatpants? How'd you get those?" He pointed to my- well, his pants.

   "Oh I just took it from your closet. No biggie." He rolled his eyes and we go to the drive-thru at the Dingo. We got some milkshakes and fries. While eating in the car we had a conversation, quite interesting really.

   "So are you gonna tell Steve you like him?" Pony said, sipping his milkshake. "I don't really care anymore really. He's got a girl, which is my best girl friend. And you know, I don't wanna be a home wrecker." I said. "Y/n, that's not healthy." "You doin it too." "Am not!" I glare at him.

   "Cherry." I said. "I don't like her anymore!" "You literally told me her details for the gazillionth time just last week. Boy, shut yo ass up." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah keep rolling them eyes, maybe they'll get stuck up there in day." I said.

   I lay on his lap as we look at the sky. "Dude, this is amazingly romantic but still very friendzy. I like it this way." I said. "What, you catching feelings?" He said, looking down at me. "No not that, it's like- you remember how I always wanted a boyfriend?" I said. He nodded. "Well I think God gave me something better for now. Turns out all I want is what couples do."

   "This is what couples do?" He said. I slap his chest as he laughs. "Yeah, I prefer this than an actual relationship. Cause we get each other, we have no feelings to each other, and we literally are comfortable seeing each other naked." He said.

   I look at him. He looks at me. Our face gets closer and closer until our lips crashed. I both pull away in disgust. Spitting and cleaning our tongues with our hands and wiping our lips.

   "Never again." I said.

   "You're damn right" he replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like these types of relationships. Its a friendship with no feelings towards each other and like we will never have feelings for each other. EVER. Even trying to think about will just gross them out, y know?