steve ~ not enough

Watching the person you love, love another is the most painful thing to watch. You love them so much, even they know it. But you can't do anything about it and you can't force them to love you the same way you do with them. And so you have to let go and watch them fall in love with another person. That's my love life summarized.

   "So how long have you loved this boy until you decided to come here?" She asked. "A long time. Very long time, I even bought we'd get married and grow old together. I liked him since I was just a kid. I was 5 he was 6." I said. "Mhm, and you were friends for...?" "Almost 12 years."

    Memories come flooding back. When we met, we met in the playground. I was being bullied by the other kids and he saved me I guess. And everytime we watched movies, everytime we'd hang out at the DX, everytime we visit each other when we're sick. And he threw that all away just for a girl he loves more than me.

   "That must be a strong friendship and that's a lot of trust built. So how's steve now?" She asked. "He's happy, very happy and it makes me happy to see him happy." "And the reason he's very happy?" "He's found someone." I said, looking down.

   She nodded. "Are you close with this person he's with?" "Sort of, I like to visit him at work and usually he's with his girlfriend and so I talk to his other friend, which is one of my close friends." I said.

   "Okay. How much do you love him?" She asked. "Does it really matter?" "You know why it doesn't?" "Yes." "What is it?" "Well my love for him doesn't matter because it wasn't enough to make him stay." I said. She nodded.

    "Well Y/n, all I can say is that, you might not be with him. You might not marry a man you love. See, the thing about "love". It's a verb, an action. I get how you feel but that - what you call "love" - will lessen or even disappear." She said.

   "Would you like my advice?" I nodded. "Just work on yourself. Focus on what you have now that what you don't have. You have your friends and family. Just focus on yourself than a person you can't control." She said. I sighed.

   "Thanks Doc, you really know what to advise people with." I said, standing up about to leave.

   "Y/n. I'm a licensed therapist." She said. "Right. I think I'll come back soon." "Alright, take care." I then left the room and went back home. Dallas was on the couch like usual. He likes to sneak in my house and take my food.

   "Hey, how was it?" He asked. "It was fine, she gave me some good advice and I'm sure I'll do it." I said. "Well, I hope you feel better about that." "Thanks Dal."

   "Also, this might hurt a little but but Steve's gonna go compete in a drag race and I'm sure he wants his best friend to be there." He said. "You really don't know how to make people feel better." I said.