darry ~ cheer

"Y/n, are you okay?" Darry asked. I was silent for the whole day because I had just found out that my favorite and only nephew passed away due to a car crash but I couldn't tell the gang, it'll be a disaster.

   Two-Bit would try to make me laugh when really he can't, Steve and Soda would feel super bad for me and even cry about how they're a bad friend for not noticing, Pony and Johnny would ask me psychological questions that I don't even know the answer too and Dallas and Darry would just try to cheer me up by giving me food, gifts and treats. Mostly Darry does. All that stuff. I didn't wanna stress them out.

   "Uhh yeah I'm good." I spoke up, "Sure don't look or sound good. You sure?" He asked again. I knew at this point if I didn't tell them something, they'd keep asking me.

   "Well, I uhh..." I had to think of something that wasn't related to my nephew because Steve and Soda were just talking about getting married to their girls and having kids. "I found out I couldn't get in the cheer team." I never tried out.

   "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Y/n. here let me grab you some chocolate cake." Darry rushes to the fridge. "It's okay really-" "hey Y/n, I got a joke to cheer ya up." Said Two. "Two-Bit no-" "oh my god, Y/n I am so sorry. Ugh and me and Steve were just talking about getting into tryouts for football." Said Soda. "Soda it's fine really-" I got cut off.

   "Here's your cake, you can eat the whole thing." Says Darry. "Do you want some orange juice? I'll go get you some." Dally runs to the kitchen. "Dally no, i-" then Ponyboy cut me off.

   "Have you tried to stretch your muscles more?" He asked. "What? I-" "Were you a former gymnast or knew anything about gymnastics?" Said Johnny. "I just wanted to try it out, I wasn't-" Before I knew it, everyone was all over me. Darry and Dallas getting me food and just spoiling me, Pony and Johnny asking me questions, Soda and Steve hugging me nonstop, and Two-Bit cracking corny jokes.

   "Guys! I'm fine! I just wanted to try it out, I wasn't that interested! Jesus!" I shouted, everyone was dead silent. "I just tried out and I failed. So what? It happens to everyone. Everyone fails." I said. "Now if you don't mind, I'm just gonna go to the Dingo." "Do you want us-" I cut Dallas off.

    "I'd like to go there, alone. A-l-o-n-e. Thank you." I grabbed my jacket and headed out. It's frustrating having your friends trying to cheer you up in anyway. I appreciate them, but sometimes its a little too much.

   I was walking down the street, back to the Curtis' since I'm not allowed to be at my own house. It was late and I opened the door slowly, trying not to wake anyone up. I close the door and a light turned on. I saw Darry, sitting on his armchair.

   "Hey Dare, sorry I'm home late. I was still, sad I guess? I don't know." I said, sitting down on the couch. "Y/n, you never signed up for cheer." He said. "What do you mean? I did, I was trying to find something new." "Not just that because..."he started

   "First you know nothing about cheer or gymnastics in general, second you don't even know cheerleading is a sport." He stated. "It's a sport?" I asked. He nodded. "See? Third you said only girls with really long and curly hair get in the team. Fourth you said it yourself. You hate cheer." He said.

   I sighed, shaking my head. "You're too smart sometimes." "I know. Now tell me, what's wrong, Sweets?" He asked, getting up to sit next to me. I sighed. "I don't even want to talk about it." I said, wiping my tears.

   "Okay well, if you don't want to say what's wrong, I can still cheer you up." He hands me a plate of chocolate cake. I hug him and started to cry as he hugs back.

   "Why are you always so nice to me? Whenever I'm down, you're always like this." I asked.

   "Hon, it's my job to cheer everyone up. Especially you." He said.